Zealot, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  AAS Computer Networking and Systems Admin; 10+ yrs computer expert - DOS->XP; Internet Guru

How do I recover all my deleted email from from ...

Customer Question

How do I recover all my deleted email from from up tp 3 years ago?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Zealot replied 10 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe I can answer
your question.

It depends on if you are using a program that saves the files to your computer or not.

If you use a program that saves your files to your computer, like Microsoft Outlook, you may be able to sue a recovery program if the spot on your hard drive that the information was stored at has not been over written with something else. If you have formatted or reinstalled Windows, the chances of recovering these files are smaller. If the recovery program can not find it, chances are the information has been over-written and the information is not recoverable.

If you do not use such a program and you access your email by going to, there is no way to recover those emails because they were stored and deleted on excite's computers, not yours. The exception is if they are stored in a deleted folder online in your excite email, but these emails are usually deleted periodically.

Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted but there is not another way of recovering those emails.

I hope I answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you again for using JustAnswer to solve
your problems. Please accept the answer
on, Thank you. Bonuses
are greatly appreciated!

Chris Peacock
AKA Zealot