Michael D
Michael D, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 11 years of experience with Windows XP/2003, Windows NT, and Macintosh hardware and software.

paper in APA format

Customer Question

I need to insert a trademark symbol but it is SM not TM, ( dont know what SM stands for). The format for the paper is APA. Please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  BigThunder replied 10 years ago.
To insert a TM symbol, hold down ALT and type 0153 on your keypad (on the left of the keyboard), then let go of ALT.

Alternatively you may be able to type (TM) normally and then the word processor will recognise what you have typed and automatically convert it to the actual TM symbol.

Hope this helps!
- BigThunder
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to BigThunder's Post: I need to insert the SM symbol not the TM symbol
Expert:  Techie replied 10 years ago.

There is one more way that I can think of; say you want SM as trademark style after the text Sample.

So, just type SampleSM. Select only SM , Go to Format->Font and check Superscript.Click on OK.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Michael D replied 10 years ago.

Thank you for requesting me to help you. To insert the SM mark to go Insert -> Symbol. In the upper left corner select 'Lucida Sans Unicode'. The SM mark will be about 3/4 the way down the page of codes. The other way to insert the SM code is to type 2120 and press alt-x in the space you want the SM inserted in your document.

If you need more assistance please let me know. If this has answered your question if you can please click the accept button beside this post to accept and close the question.

Update: SM stands for Service Mark. wrote:
What is a
What is a service mark?

A service mark is any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce, to identify and distinguish the services of one provider from services provided by others, and to indicate the source of the services.[/quote]

Thank You,

Michael D.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Michael D's Post: Appreciate the response but I fugured it out before you got back to me with the answer.

I'm glad you were able to figure out how to make the Symbol. I look forward to future questions.

Thank You,

Michael D.