OCR_Ambler
OCR_Ambler, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  15 Years as a computer professional
1295047

How do I log onto my triad.rr.com email address in

Customer Question

How do I log onto my triad.rr.com email address in microsoft outlook from different computers?
Category: Computer
Expert:  OCR_Ambler replied 10 years ago.

Hiya, and welcome to Just Answer!

In order to setup outlook on each computer for your e-mail account, start outlook

1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

2. Select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.

3. Select POP3, and then click Next.

4. Under User Information, do the following:

1. In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.

In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @carolina.rr.com.

Note The domain name will differ slightly, depending on where your service is located. This example is for Charlotte, North Carolina. Your sign-up information or Road Runner customer service can provide you with the exact domain for your area.

5. Under Server Information, do the following:

1. In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop-server.carolina.rr.com.

Note The server domain name will differ slightly, depending on where your service is located. This example is for Charlotte, North Carolina. Your sign-up information or Road Runner customer service can provide you with the exact domain for your area.

In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp-server.carolina.rr.com.

6. Under Logon Information, do the following:

1. In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Time Warner.

In the Password XXXXX type your password.

Select the Remember password XXXXX box.

Note You have the option to have Outlook remember your password XXXXX typing it in the Password XXXXX and selecting the Remember password XXXXX box. Having Outlook remember your password XXXXX that you won't have to type your password XXXXX time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password XXXXX you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.

7. To verify that your account is working, click Test Account Settings. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you will be prompted to supply or correct it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.

8. Click More Settings.

9. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type Road Runner.

10. Click OK, and then click Next.

11. Click Finish.

Notes

Do not select the Log on using Secure Password XXXXX (SPA) check box.

Unless specified by Road Runner, all server and address entries are typed in lowercase letters.