#1 Expert
#1 Expert, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Repair 20 + years. Web page design. Web Master, Internet Researcher, AOL Technician (former
1146604

My DVD player wont load the disc

Customer Question

When I load a disc in my player, the TV screen shows the spinning disc which indicates it's 'loading' and then suddenly it stops. On the dvd player itself it suddenly says 'stop' and it stops trying to load. It is a pioneer DV-C503 with 5 dvd/cd slots.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie replied 11 years ago.
I have also encountered similar situations. But it used to happen mostly for disc with scratches and it worked when I switched off the player and then again started it. It should work that way for you also.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Harish's Post: I tried turning off the player and then turning it back on. I tried unplugging the player and then plugging it back itback in. I tried using a cleaning disc on it. I tried several different discs -- and it still started to load and then stopped -- actually said 'loading' on the player and then said 'stop.' Help!
Expert:  #1 Expert replied 11 years ago.

Have you tried cleaning the lens? If the lens has the smallest particles of dirt or dust, it could stop your DVD player from operating correctly. A good blowing, with a dust remover made for computers, followed by a cleaning, with the cleaning disc made especially for cleaning the lens of the laser reader in the DVD player, shold solve your problem. If that does not help I am afraid the DVD player needs to be repaired by a qualified electronic tech or replaced.