Dylan Savage
Dylan Savage, Computer Manufacturer
Experience:  I am Dell Certified, and have been building systems for the last 10 years.

How do I turn off or deactivate Notepad

I used Notepad for another project. Now everything I try to open from the internet got to notepad and I can't read it. I don't know how to switch it off
I have had this issue as well. Go into notepad and type a few lines of jibberish or whatever, and save the file to your desktop as a .html file.

Instead of double clicking to open the file, right click and choose the option "open with" then select "choose program" There will be a check box that says "always use this program" make sure that's checked..

then select the program you wish to open the file and click ok. You can do this with any type of file, such as .jpg .gif etc. I hope this has answered your question.

Please click ACCEPT if I have answered your question. Leaving a BONUS is always appreciated. Please feel free to ask any further questions. Thanks in advance.