Stephen
Stephen, Programmer
Experience:  ***
128250

I am running quickbooks pro 2004 and need to reinstall the ...

I am running quickbooks pro 2004 and need to reinstall the upgrade.. i misplaced the code for the CD any way around this.........?

Optional Information:
OS: Windows XP; Browser: Netscape

Category: Computer
Expert:  Stephen replied 8 years ago.
From the Quickbooks Pro website.

Key
codes are required for installing QuickBooks. If your key code is
missing or illegible, please follow the instructions below.

If you are installing QuickBooks for the first time:

Check the envelope that the CD originally came in for a brightly
colored sticker about three inches wide by one inch high. The key code
is stamped on this sticker.

Click here if your envelope or sticker is missing, or if your key code is illegible.

If you are reinstalling QuickBooks:

You may be able to retrieve the installation key code from the computer where you originally installed QuickBooks.

• If you want to reinstall QuickBooks to the computer that it was
    originally installed on, start the installation program by inserting
    the QuickBooks CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. The installation program
    should begin automatically. Choose Reinstall QuickBooks. When prompted to enter your key code, use the key code that appears in that window.
  • If you wish to install QuickBooks to a different computer from the
    one on which you originally installed QuickBooks, first start the
    installation program (as explained previously) on the computer where
    you originally installed QuickBooks. When the installation key code
    window appears, write down the key code displayed there and exit the
    installation program. Use that key code for the installation on the
    other computer.

If you are still unable to obtain your key code:

1. Visit our Key Code Request
    page for instructions. To obtain a key code replacement, you will be
    required to provide proof of purchase. Intuit will not provide
    replacement key codes without such proof, and reserves the right to
    refuse any request for a replacement key code.
    • If you purchased the product directly from Intuit, please provide the Order Number from your Intuit packing slip. You can also obtain your Intuit order number from the Order Status Search by Phone page.
    • If you purchased the product through a local retailer,
      please fax a dated sales receipt to(NNN) NNN-NNNNdocumenting your
      purchase of QuickBooks.

2. You will be contacted by telephone, fax, or e-mail within two business days from the date we receive your request.
  3. When you receive your new key code, write it on the inside cover of your User´s Guide for future reference.

Hope that helps.

Stephen, Programmer
Experience: ***