Lindie, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Have worked with computer since 1998. From software to hardware

I have a Phillips Magnavox stereo system with a 3 cd

Customer Question

I have a Phillips Magnavox stereo system with a 3 cd changer. The CD player is not reading the discs. It started with one tray and has progressed to all 3. is it a lens issue? can it be cleaned? any Ideas??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.

If you are sure the CD's you are using are not scratched, it could be the lens. There is a CD lens Cleaner you can purchase at any store. Just put it in the CD Player and it will go through the cleaning process.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: It wont even start to read, so will the lens cleaner be able to do anything? and why did it only happen on one tray, then progress to all 3?
There is only on reading lens, so wouldn't it have affected all 3 at the same time?
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.

You don't mention how long it read 2 of the 3 prior to reading none. It still could be that it needs to be cleaned or that the lens is not lined up.

When you first insert a disc cleaner it will spin (Unless you are saying your player is not even spinning) once it spins it will start to clean the lens. If it's not even spinning then it's not picking up the disc and the lens is out of line.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.