Alexei Andreev
Alexei Andreev, Programmer
Experience:  Software Programming
203145

Internet affairs

Customer Question

I'm not sure if this is a "question answer" about computer problems but I do have a question that I need help with. I am in sales and travel alot, I've been married for about a year and my husband has been out of work during this time. It has gotten to where when I'm in town he stays up or gets up after I go to bed and he is always on the internet. Several times I have gone into cookies, history, or temporary internet files and have found sites that are like "cheating sites" or "joining sites to meet women". He tells me they are pop ups and that he does not go to them. Before marriage he was on line meeting women through different sites and we have had break ups over this, he is a software engineer and knows alot about the computer. Now I can go into temporary internet files or history and I will see the word "cookies" so I'm now thinking he is deleting his path before I get home. My question is- Is there anyway I can lock the computer to where he can not delete his trail? Paranoid wife
Category: Computer
Expert:  Stephen replied 11 years ago.
Probably not, especially if he is a computer professional, I am sure he knows his way around a computer.

You could try key loggin programs such as :

http://www.awarenesstech.com/employees/index-12g4.html

There are also devices that are hardware based that will fit in between the keyboard and the computer.

This is going to be the easiest and most obscure way to see what he is doing online.

Expert:  Alexei Andreev replied 11 years ago.
It sounds like a relationship problem, rather than a computer one. I would suggest solving it as such.
Regards.
Alexei Andreev, Programmer
Experience: Software Programming
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Stephen's Post: I don't want to put anything on the computer that is hidden. I was wondering if there was something in cookies or temporary internet files that locks everything in to where you can't erase cookies or temporary internet files. I was in those files one time and it asked for a password XXXXX unlock the temporary internet files. So I thought there might be a way to use a password XXXXX lock it in to where no one could erase. I realize it is a relationship problem but my trust factor has gone out the door and I want to believe him but can't due to continual problems. Is there a way in files to lock it in w/a password?
Thank you very much for accepting my modest answer.
Any move on your part, especially as obvious as locking down computer with a password, will trigger a response, and probably a negative one. Before going to the drastic measures like that, I would advise trying different diplomatic ways to solve the problem. Unfortunately, that is not my area of expertise, but you can repost your question for the Relationship experts on this site. I hope everything works out great.
Thank you and good luck.