xarqi
xarqi, Generalist
94965

How do I clear my adress bar

Customer Question

I need to know how to delete all of the adresses that pop up underneath my adress bar.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.

If you have IE 6.0

On the top of the page where it says File-Edit-View....

Go to TOOLS---down to--Internet Options--Once that window opens

Hit.....Delete Cookies--Delete Files--Click on settings Hit view files.. if there is anything in that folder .... when that page comes up go to EDIT on top.. (select all) Click back on FILE and delete.

That will clear out your Cookies and your internet temp folder and your Cashe.

Good luck, if you need anything else, just let me know

Expert:  Shabbir Bhimani replied 11 years ago.

By just clearing the cookies the addresses that pop up underneath will not vanish but you need to do the following

In Internet Explorer

Goto Tools -->Internet Options --> View tab

Click on the Clear History button to delete the Addresses that popup

Thanks

Shabbir Bhimani

Expert:  TheMysticWave replied 11 years ago.

Greetings:

To delete addresses:

(1) Open up Internet Explorer;

(2) Click on Tools;

(3) Click on Internet Options;

(4) Click on "Content" tab;

(5) Click on "Auto Complete" tab;

(6) Click on "Clear Forms" tab - this will delete all the stored web address entries.

.....Optional - You can also click on "Clear Passwords" tab.

(7) Click "ok" to exit out.

Hope this helps.

Bright Blessings.

Peace, Love & Happiness,

The Mystic Wave

Expert:  Net Essentials replied 11 years ago.
If you're using Internet Explorer, go to the top of the screen and click on the Tools pull down menu and select "Internet Options" then select "Clear History" at the bottom of the window that is shown. This will clear the history and you also have the option of setting the number of days to keep the pages in history to 0 so that nothing will be remembered, or to a much higher number to keep the history there longer.
If you are using Netscape, you can go to the Edit pull down menu, then select "Preferences", under "Category" pick "Navigator" then "History" then "Clear Location Bar".
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
I guess somebody should ask the obvious:
What browser are you using?