Lindie
Lindie, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Have worked with computer since 1998. From software to hardware
163146

Excel question

Customer Question

Can the worksheets in an Excel workbook be shown in a "table of contents" format - e.g. in a column on their own worksheet - rather than having to scroll across the bottom.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.

If I am understanding your question.. With wanting to see your document on one screen.

When you have Excel open.

Near the top where you see .. FILE.. EDIT.. VIEW.. Click on view.. Click on "Page Break Preview" That will bring up all the pages up on one screen.

Let me know if thats what you are talking about.. or if there is anything else I can do.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: I did not do a good job of asking the question. I work with Excel a lot so I know how to scroll quickly across the worksheet bar, but I will be selling a service soon using Excel workbooks and...the customers may not be fluent in Excel.
   Suppose I had an Excel workbook with worksheet names A,B,C.......AA,BB,CC - maybe 40 sheets total. Is there a way, on a separate worksheet, to display these titles like a table of contents in a book, on a "title" worksheet?
A person could see all worksheets in a column and then click to go to it.
Expert:  Lindie replied 11 years ago.
If I am understanding your question better. I think this is what you are wanting to do... Let me know either way OK??

You need to start a new Workbook, then you pick a cell that you want to make your link for a page,

Go to that cell, then up on top go to the INSERT tab, open that up,

click on the HYPERLINK tab, a window will open up

click on PLACE IN THIS DOCUMENT

The amount of pages in your workbook will be in the little window,

Type the name you want displayed up on top

in the middle window type the cell letter and number

then click on the page you want the link to go to.

I guess adjust the cells so your names will fit in one cell instead of bleeding into the others.

On each page of your workbook you should put a link back to the title page. It makes it easy to get back instead of them wondering how to.