Lindie
Lindie, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Have worked with computer since 1998. From software to hardware
163146

PC & Emails

PC & Emailing

I would like to know how to email to hundreds of addresses without each mailer recipient seeing any of the other addresses I've mailed to on the list. Can this be done without using Outlook? I can't seem to get my Outlook to work properly in Windows XP. I am able to use AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo. My priority would be AOL if possible.

Thank you so much for your help.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: Hello Lindie,

May I ask if this works the same way for all other mailing services, such as Outlook, MSN, Yahoo, etc...

Would every email address have to be typed in seperately as well? For example, would I have to type in the 500 email addresses that are needed to be sent out all at the same time?

Your answer was very helpful, just need a bit more advice to finalize it.

Thank you so very much for your time and effort. :)
One thing you could to is select them all when going through the contacts, and then simply copy and paste them into the approiate box.

Regards,

Paul
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Paul's Post: Hi Paul,

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX already knew this, the question was about hiding multiple addresses sent at the same time to multiple emailers without other emailers included on the list to view any addresses except their own.

Yes, just c&p them into BCC.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Paul's Post: Hello again Paul,

Now this answer finally sounds like you read my question correctly.

Phew!

Thank you :)
Okay, very funny!

Tell me if you need anymore help. Remember to give an accept to someone if find the answer worthy.

Regards,

Paul.

Well, if you have AOL and you have your contacts in your address book (and I have no idea what AOL version you are using. But it gives you a botton to click on them to use BCC which will do the () automatically.

For outlook express: When you have your "Create Mail" open.. it should already be defaulted with a To: XXXXX XXXXX: Next to them are a little envelope. Click on that which will open a contact list. You will see the arrow section for BCC just click whom you want to send BCC to, and it will do it automatically again for you.

So you would not have to copy&paste if you add everything into your address book. Plus you can make them into groups any way you see fit.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Yahoo: Above the TO: XXXXX XXXXX a link that Add CC or Add BCC and if they are in your address book it too will do it automatically.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: I am having difficulty with accepting either of these replies for this reason. My question was, how do you send multiple emails simultaneously without any other person viewing any other name on my list except their own? If this is still not understood, please explain what other information needs to be clarified.

Thank you so very much

Is it for AOL still?
If so you have two boxes on top when you open up a new mail to be written..

First box on the left is SEND TO: 2nd box says COPY TO:

in the SEND TO box, type in your own email.

Then in the COPY TO box. you will put in everyone else's email you want to send it to.

So example to send to 3 different people would be

([email protected]),([email protected]), ([email protected])

So when you put someones email into () Parenthesis that send it bcc. (blind carbon copy) then a , comma between each persons email as well, as I have done in the above example.

When your recipients get the email.. they will only see their name and yours for being the sender

Is that clear enough? Or now what you are needing to know.
Let me know OK?

Thanks

Lindie

Lindie, Computer Repairer
Experience: Have worked with computer since 1998. From software to hardware
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: It's about as close to an answer as I will receive. Thank you for your time. Reply to this and yours will be accepted, then please let me know that you received the money, since there seems to an issue with that as well.

There should be a green accept button.. once that is submitted then payment should be made, but I will PM you and let you know for sure. As of now, 3:38pm no payment.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
It was sent, good luck, hopefully you will be the receiver of it.

:)

I received a receipt, it should be there, although it is asking me to accept the answer again! I have no idea why.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Steve7654
Lindie

These are the accepts and payments I made, why is this not showing up? Lindie has been paid, yet in this window, it asks me to accept again. There are still 2 other questions in the process of correct answers.
I really don't want people thinking I am not paying them, for I am very greatful for all their time, effort and expertise in solving my issues.

Regards,
Customer

as far as I can tell on my end.. the questions you asked regarding unpaid taxes and picture fax viewer are the 2 questions that have not been paid on. Now it will show as this one is not paid on again as well since you opened it up to ask the question.

Otherwise there other 2 questions have been paid.

Hope this helps. If you are not satisfied with an answer you are not obligated in accepting it. (but just remember you are always allowed to reply, maybe you didn't understand the answer supplied so at least give the expert time to make it clear for you... and then if you are satisfied click accept)

So at this point, the open question about fax view is still open and the one about unpaid tax was never accepted which is now closed.

Hope this helps...

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX question is still opened, just that we are going through private conversation with that one.

I was only replying earlier to the email they sent me to give you feed back on your answer for me, yet it opened another question?

Oh well, it is done, so hopefully they will put this one to rest.

I will request for this one to be closed now..