xarqi
xarqi, Generalist
94965

Data Conversion

Customer Question

I am looking for data conversion contracts - so I have to contact companies which are doing data conversions (companies which says on their site that they are doing data conversions).

So I have to contact as many as such companies as possible.

I need is to extract emails from Google seach pages with search query as "data conversion" etc. (the search queries are to such that the results shows maximum of companies which do data conversions).

If you have DSL, which is about 20 bucks per month, then it would be very cheap for you.

I need to to run this email extractor software when you do not use computer, at night etc. for 25 days. But a considerable time per day.

Then upload the emails as .zip / .rar, which I will download.

There are open-source extractors you can use. If you use a paid extractor, let me know its price I will pay that here as bonus.

The total number of extracted emails be in thousands as the search results are 707,000:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22data+conversion%22&btnG=Google+Search

I neecd as many as possible in 25 days of extraction.

Category: Computer
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
Let me check out email extractors and see how I'd tie them to
google search results.
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
I'll have to pass on this one. I can't find an email spider for OS
X. I found a mention of one for Unix that I could possibly have
used, but the developer's site has disappeared.
Expert:  Spencer T. Wallman replied 11 years ago.
I may be able to do this for you. I found an open source extractor that I'm testing right now. Let me see how this works and I'll let you know...
I may be able to do this for you. I found an open source extractor that I'm testing right now. Let me see how this works and I'll let you know.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to xarqi's Post:  ok.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Spencer T. Wallman's Post:

You can do this Question. Let me know it's progress.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Spencer T. Wallman's Post:

Spencerr: The total number of emails is to be in thousands. Will it be 25,000 or 5,000 ?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Spencer T. Wallman This question is relisted (justanswer closed it after 1 day of poting - but 1 day is not enough). If you are working on this Q, let me know.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.

Are you there ?

Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
I've spent another half hour searching but still have not found
OS X or Unix software for web search/email address extraction.
There are a number of Windoze ones, so maybe somebody else
here will pick this up.

Sorry I can't help with this.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to xarqi's Post:

Can you ask any of your friends with DSL and Windows to do the second question ?

Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
My circle of Windoze using friends with time to spare is very
restricted, and my contact with them intermittent. I'll certainly
ask if the opportunity comes up.

Have you considered perhaps posting this request on another
service, such as Google Experts?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
 Credit card is declined there, but it is working in all other sites. I dont know why.

But somehow get this Q answered, by your friends.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
 If you can get any of your friends to do this question, I will give you a 25 buck for that here.
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.
Quote:
My circle of Windoze using friends with time to spare is
very restricted, and my contact with them intermittent. I'll
certainly ask if the opportunity comes up.

I cannot promise more than that. I cannot promise that any of
them will be interested. I cannot promise that they will find an
answer. I cannot promise that they will have an answer within
any timeframe.

The reality is that you must not expect a solution to be found
this way. You will need to consider other alternatives.

For example, have you explored my other suggestion of
approaching a commercial advertising agency? They may well
be able to do this for you, or may have contacts that can.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
 What are the commercial ad agencies ?
Expert:  xarqi replied 11 years ago.

Try your phone book under "Advertising".

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
k
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
THIS QUESTION IS CLOSED. ACCEDENTALLY RELISTED THE Q.