Sue Bilstein
Sue Bilstein,
97

Email Delivery - International

Customer Question

How to insure delivery of SOLICITED email to corporate clients all over the world ?

After checking validity of email address very often , when sending bulk mail, high percent of return. Any tecniques to increase the amount of received emails without bugging customer’s Sys Admin?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sue Bilstein replied 12 years ago.
HiCustomer

Just to clarify, you're sending solicited email. This means that the addressees have asked to receive the email.

Do they supply their email addresses as part of this process, for example via a form on a website? Or do they email you, in which case you are responding to their mail? Or do you get their email address by some other means, if so what?

Customer: replied 12 years ago.
We are getting their emails via our sales people worlwide who submit excel forms for batch registration for subscribers of our service ( usually it's company's personnel, or a school with students etc)
Can you tell from the bounce message why they are bouncing? Is it because of incorrect addresses (typos) or are you getting bounced by spam-blocking software?
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
We are checking for typos and validity of domains. Sometimes our emails return with error code 550: User Unknown even when we are sure that it's right address ( it can easily go through when not in bulk).I guess my question can be narrowed - is there an opportunity to figure out recipient's email server settings which prevent some users to receive email when sent in bulk?
This is interesting, where you say "Sometimes our emails return with error code 550: User Unknown even when we are sure that it's right address ( it can easily go through when not in bulk)." Have you tried sending the exact same message to one addressee - it goes through OK - and then in bulk - it gets blocked?

If so, domains must be classifying mails as spam purely because you've sent the same message to multiple addresses on that domain round about the same time. I would suggest that you could try drip-feeding your bulk mailings over a longer period of time.
Customer: replied 12 years ago.
I know that that's the reason "domains must be classifying mails as spam purely because you've sent the same message to multiple addresses" , drip- feeding is not a solution - too much hassle...i was looking for something more elegant - like checking some server parameter remotely prior to sending the bulk...
Thanks anyways.
Customer I doubt whether you could update parameter settings in a remote domain's spam-blocking software. This would be hacking, wouldn't it?

Sending emails can be done by a program - this would make it hassle-free to drip-feed them. If you want I can do a search to find out if there are any products that do this sort of thing.