George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  PhD in Computer Science
94470076

I need help installing google store locator to my web site

I need help installing google store locator to my web site but I do not understand PHP and SQL, the google code is pre written just need help installing it
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have written HTML for years and built many websites with HTML just never used PHP or SQL
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Can I give you the location of the pre written code and you read it and tell me where and how to install or give you access to my server and you install
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just please help
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here is the prewritten code I need added https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/store-locator

Hi, I'd love to help. A question for you :) Are you just trying to implement this locator to your website, but you said you dont have a data base or server?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I have a data base, I have PHP and SQL installed I just don't know how to add the pre-written code to the correct locations to make it all work. Google already has all of the code written https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/store-locatorI just need help getting this code in the correct location on my server and webpage.Please look at the link of pre written code and let me know what you think.Is it something you can walk me through or do I need to give you temporary access to my server. I will do which ever works best for you.Thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you available now and I will click the accept remote assistance
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You fix this fast and it is 5 stars

I may not have time to fully assist with this, so I will let another expert take a look for you for faster assistance :)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK, please have someone contact me ASAP
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still waiting on someone to contact me, please help

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

I can have a chance to look at it on Saturday the 22nd, would that be fine?

Regards,

G

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am sorry for the late reply had a death in family, Yes Saturday would be great, what time is best for you as I am available all day.

Ok great. Whats your timezone?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Central time Please contact me ASAP, I think it is a simple fix I have tried it myself and getting close but not there. here is the link to what I want added to my web site according to Google they have all of the code pre-written.
If I have to dump everything I have done so far that is not a problem as the database has not gone live yet anyway.
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/store-locator

Thanks please lets set an appointment for 13H00 CST

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK that is fine, is this the best place to meet
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am here

Ok just a sec

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok

1. Go to JoinGoToMeeting.com
2. Enter meeting ID: 213-630-133

For now I land on the attached page, and the error also attached when I search.

For it is a db connection issues, I'm sorting that out to see what happens next

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you need me to give you access to my database and file server, I can do it real quick

Ok, the db is fine its a php version issue on my side. I am updating the code to work with v7. What is the php version on your host?

Alright, got it working now. For me to prepare before doing it on your machine:

What is the installed php version on you host machine and what operating system is it running?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
PHP 5.6 Windows Server I was at a Casting Crowns Concert last night and no access to computer. I will not be back from church until 1 PM central time, please contact me anytime after that. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am available any time you are

K lets make it 13H30 CST

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK I am here working on other projects just let me know when you sign in
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What Time did you want to meet?

In an hour. I had it running on Linux, now I have installed PHP 7 using https://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx

on Win 7 to test it as I have successfully customised it for PHP 7.

I'm hoping I'll have completed my test by then.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok thanks

We'll use https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybozjlie0r19v07/googlemaps.zip?dl=0

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK do you want me to log into those sites now

You need to download both files and run the later

If the later fails to run you may:

1. Go to JoinGoToMeeting.com
2. Enter meeting ID: 213-630-133

Experience: PhD in Computer Science
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have gotten the map to show up but it still will not locate the test stores or let you try a search
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I have to leave now to take wife to DR, I will be back about 2 PM Central, will log in here as soon as I get back
Customer: replied 6 days ago.

I really don't know exactly what changes I made to make it work, but it is now working and using my local address as map and my local stores as test locations. use this address in the search ********************* and you will see the results.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will still give you a 5 star rating because of the back and forth we were able to trigger something that allowed me toget it working. Is there anything else I need to do to give you the credit you deserve.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I also place a good rating and a $25 tip, make sure they give it to you.

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm glad it got working. I think the two changes we had made were the only issues its only that we could not debug further with absence of the server log. Thank you so much for patience and the tip, I have received it.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

I had to modify the phpsqlsearch_dbinfo.php,this is what I used to make it work.