ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have an excel worksheet where they the information is

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have an excel worksheet where they the information is located in other worksheets and I would like to pull the data all together. I'll give you an example.... I have numerous spreadsheets with realtor data on it such as contact info, address, email etc. Its a bit of a mess. I have created a master sheet and I would like to have the master sheet pull from my numerous other worksheets to populate the data. Does this make sense? I know that there is either some combination feature or macro that can do this but I am not experienced enough and was hoping that someone could help me with this
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: gmail
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I need all the data to arrive on 1 workshhet
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so i hope i am explaining myself correctly
Category: Programming
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

From your question I am getting that all of the worksheets are in one file, so it's really just referencing cells between worksheets. Maybe with some equations included in the references. Can you attach the excel file (click on the paperclip button above where you type in this chat and select the file to add it to this chat session)? If you have sensitive information you do not want me to see, can you provide an example excel file with similar spreadsheets and I can use that to show you how?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sounds great. Just give me a minute.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

No hurry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just sent it. The first worksheet contains the data I need. The first 3 sheets, actually are the ones I need to populate. All of the data will be in the following worksheets. But in order to send this to you, the file was too large so I had to remove one of the biggest worksheets that contains a lot of the data
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

What does PREC* mean?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its is reference to a award. I'll give you a quick breakdown. The first 3 worksheets are people that have won this award. The PREC references to being awarded this prior in the past. So what I need to do is get all the contact information from the other pages (everything after the first 3 sheets) into that first page.Does that make sense?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

It does. I am looking through the sheets to figure out how to write the lookup formulas.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

Maybe I am missing something, but I am looking for the e-mail for Abdulla, Mohamed. What sheet would that be on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can''t find it either. I think I am missing something. Let me look into this.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

Okay. I just want to write the formulas correctly for you. It's going to be different if the data is coming from multiple worksheets than if it is a single one. I will probably have to do something with formatting to get the correct matches. Can I add columns and hide them (for intermediate processing steps to make the formulas a little easier to understand, and it can reduce processing time)?

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 3 months ago.

So there is another way to upload files to me if we need the large worksheet. wikisend.com is a free service, and I would need the file id to download the file once you upload it. I have mediafire.com to send it back to you, which is a service you need an account for, so wikisend.com is probably better for you. I can remove the files, but wikisend leaves them posted for a default 7 days, but you can reduce the time it stays up by selecting a different period when you upload the file. It's an option if we need to do that to share the entire file.