syseng
syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience, including Linux development and platform support
13852270

It's been a while since I've used Flash and I just want to

Customer Question

Hi! It's been a while since I've used Flash and I just want to create a simple art gallery. I want the user to click on a button and go out to the web page that matches the image that is showing on the screen at that moment, so in essence, what i want to do is say, on release, open page [the most recent FrameLabel].html, in a new window. Also, I want to put code into the frames where the frame labels are to capture the name of the frame label into a variable.
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: ActionScript 2.0, Flash CS4
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: My goal is to create an art gallery where the user can click on a button that takes him out to a web page that gives a detailed version of the picture on the screen at that moment, together with a description and price for the image. The gallery itself just scrolls along as if the person were walking through a physical space.
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have "go back" and "go forward" buttons that the user can click to page back and forth in the gallery, if they don't want it to just scroll along, or if they want to go back and take a closer look at something they passed by recently.
Category: Programming
Expert:  syseng replied 5 months ago.

My name is David.

If you have already started working on the project, are there particular issues for which you are needing assistance?

Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, David;It's nice to hear from you!I was able to figure out a work-around today. Here is the finished result!
http://www.judithmcrae.com/art/shows/NoThroughRoad.htmlI won't be needing any assistance, after all.
Expert:  syseng replied 5 months ago.
Looks good and thanks for letting me know :)