ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I want a programme written in Qbasic that will load a

Customer Question

I want a programme written in Qbasic that will load a document from a file onto my screen. It should also tell the number lines of text on any page of that file, on request. It needs to be able to pick out and print to screen any requested line that has been high-lighted with one of four colours. What will a programme to carry these task cost? Can it be put on a disc and sent to me by snail mail?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Programmer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: Where do I send the $5?
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: Just write a programme to the spec given above
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 13 days ago.

How is the program to determine page breaks? How are these indicated within the file? What character sequence?

Or are these determinations magically to be made by image processing of an on-the-fly screen capture?

I must have missed some detail. Do you expect this task to be completed for $5?

I refer to the $5 that you referenced above. Offhand, that seems a tad unrealistic for detailed software development. It was not my understanding that the intent of the $5 initiative was to promise the sun, moon, and stars for a negligible one-time payment.