Jason Jones, Programmer
Experience:  Over 10 years of work experience.
30759776

How do I make a new spread sheet for a new year? Our former

Customer Question

How do I make a new spread sheet for a new year? Our former admin retired and we are having to learn this. Is there an easy way to copy and paste the formulas without bringing the data forward?
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: I'm very new at this. How can I find that information for you?
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I need to begin a new year's spreadsheet. I figure there is some sort of quick copy and paste, but I do not want to bring the former data forward
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'll look up programs and versions if you can tell me how to do that?
Category: Programming
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

You can simply choose File > Save As, save the document under a different name, and then delete the former data. That will create a new template for you.

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at on the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

-

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yikes! If I delete the former data, it is only from the new spreadsheet I am opening, and not the data from last year, correct? Just verifying before I delete ANYTHING!

Yes, that is correct. You are only deleting it from the new file.

Be sure that you are editing the new copy that you just created.

If you wish, I can remote into your system quickly and verify that you are doing it correctly.

Be clear, you must choose FILE > SAVE AS. When you do that, choose a different name and save it with a different name.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason