ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

OKPR1212211 I am running an sql update statement pull data

Customer Question

OKPR1212211 I am running an sql update statement pull data from one table to another and update a text field in the master table.. There are multiple records in the input file for the same record in the master table. I am trying to put the together in the master with master.tx1 = master.tx1 + ' ' + input1.txin and I get only one value in the master table, no errors. I ran the update twice and all of the master.tx1 fields had the input1.txin values there twice. (except for the ones with multiple entries in the input table again only one.. May guess is that because I am running the update as one statement the update to the master file is not completed when the second entry in the input1 table comes up. What is the option to force an update to disk at the end of each record update.. Or do you have any other ideas?

Category: Programming
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 3 months ago.

I need the following:

The PRECISE table structures (either CREATE TABLE statements or an entity-relationship ["ER"] diagram).

A much more PRECISE explanation of what you are trying to do than the vague "put together in the master" and "running the update." WHAT are you trying to look up, BASED UPON what, and HOW PRECISELY do you wish to update it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Having trouble adding a file will try again
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Having trouble adding a text file or putting the code here.
We're sorry – there was an issue submitting your reply. Please save your reply to a separate file, then refresh the page and try replying again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Care at(###) ###-####