Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a problem with my WordPress website for my Florida

Customer Question

I have a problem with my WordPress website for my Florida Retirement Community. In trying to set up a photo gallery under the parent: Activities Photo Gallery, my web designer created the template YOGA for the first photo gallery of pictures. But now, all of the other photo galleries under that Parent seem to require the same template (YOGA) but the only photos that we can get up there are the Yoga photos and not any others for our other activities. Our web designer set this site up last April and we uploaded all the various activity photos easily using the YOGA template, and then a few months ago the site was attacked, subsequently cleaned and secured and now we are trying to re-load the photos. But we can only upload YOGA photos. Do we need to change that template, or get a new one?
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: Word Press 4.6.1
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: We want to be able to upload about 10-20 photos into different categories such as Ladies Luncheon, Bocce, Tennis, etc. under the parent Activities Photo Gallery. It's all set up but our developer has now abandoned us.
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 days ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok, thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

It appears the previous expert opted out, without saying anything to you. My apologies for that.

Did you still need help with this issue?

If so, I need to know if you have access to the hosting company who hosts your site, do you have the login and password ***** your host?

And also as far as the actual wordpress page, do you have the wordpress admin login and password ***** that?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Website = sapphirelakesnaples.netOur web host is GoDaddy.com and the host user name is: ***@******.*** passwd: Gabriel6619#Admin user name: root passwd: #jewel8001#Thank you for your help.Robert
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 days ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you Robert.

Today was an unintentional /unwanted day off on my end. Ive sent the offer for the direct site support. Once you have clicked and approved the offer, I can then connect to your site, and start working on the photo upload issue.

I suppose you may not be around till morning, so I will try to be up bit earlier so that we can discuss the issue as we work on it.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dustin,I am tied up with appointments all morning (8:00 AM -12:00 PM EST). Can you call me at 12:30 PM so we can discuss this issue and so I can understand what you think you can do for me to solve this problem? My cell # is: (###) ###-####
Thank you.Robert
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 days ago.

My phone is out of commission till tomorrow evening Robert. I will be available at 1230, but if you would prefer to speak over the phone lets plan for next evening.

whatever you decide I just need you to keep this in mind. Justanswers' Philosophy and one I am proud to be a part of for 9 years is that we either solve the issue, or you receive a full refund.

Now, while I do understand you want to speak over the phone.. I have everything I need to log in and start making changes.

I understand the whole issue revolves around this, You want an easy way to upload photos into a template besides the yoga template.

Basically I assume, you want to be able to easily fill up different posts / pages with photos without having to become a web designer.

so thats my current take on the job you are contracting me for. And this of course will take some back and forth from both of us. Basically, I will make some changes, then you will test the change and see if it fits what you want, or not. And then ill make a few more changes.

I prefer a slow , steady collaborative progression to an end result. rather then trying to change everything at once.

With that being said, the initial cost and the quote I sent you for site support was based on an expected time involvement on my part. You said you were lacking a web designer and I cant help but wonder if the photo uploading issue is just the tip of the iceberg. So its possible we may want to discuss something a bit more longterm. But that conversation would be best had after weve completed this smaller task that way you and I both can understand if our expectations are met equally well from the designer / owner viewpoints.

I know you said you would be busy all morning, so I assume you will read and reply to this at your leisure.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dustin,If we can do a back and forth starting at 12:30 PM, that would work. You seem to understand the crux of my problem with the photo uploading issue in the Activities Photo Gallery. Everything else is working fine in the website. I just need to solve this problem. My web developer is in India and with the time zone difference, it is difficult going back and forth with him. I also had trouble getting him to understand the problem we're having. If you can help me, that would be great. Please contact me about 12:30 PM.Robert
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 days ago.

Hopefully I will be done with the 4 remote sessions Im working on by then..

if not, I may have to push it back to 2:30. Ill message you closer to 1230 when I will know for sure.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dustin,It's 2:30 PM and I am available now.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
It has been well over 24 hours and NO new programmer has got back to me. I would like to have my $51 refunded. I have been passed from one person to another and nothing has been done to solve my problem. It has been over 72 hours now, and I have been shuffled from one person to another. Please give me my guaranteed refund. Thank you.
***** *****