ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Thanks. I'm just researching a problem with a ms word

Customer Question

hi, thanks. I'm just researching a problem with a ms word document that doesn't open
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: the word document was created in word 2010 and I'm running word 2013
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I tried to run the open and repair but I'm getting the error illegal qualifiened name character
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: sorry, why are you connecting me do you offer a free service... I'm sure not.
JA: The Programmer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: sure, do I send you the file and they open it and send it back? what do they charge
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 days ago.

Hi, our automated assistant only gathers basic information. Im the person who will actually try to help you with the file.

before we even consider repairing the file or working on it, I need to ask you a few things.

Where did you get the file from, did someone email it to you? Or did you create it yourself on the computer?

Also, how long have you had the file and have you been working on it exlusively on this computer? Had you saved it on your computer before today?

And as close as you can do you remember the last day and hour when the file was working?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my friend created the file on a memory stick on one computer then brought the memory stick home and connected it to her home pc. She went to open the file in question and it gives an error "Illegal qualified name character" when she tries to open it. She brought it to my place and I'm getting the same error.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'd like you to connect but I don't know you from adam. Who's to say you wouldn't put a ransom ware virus on my system.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 days ago.

If the file was not created on your machine, then your machine wont have any of the previous version / autosave / temp / shadowcopy / files I would need.

For that reason, it would be better if you could simply send me the word file in question, via wikisend.com

Once you have uploaded the file to wikisend.com, send me the download link. And then I will directly on the single file that has the issue.

Dustin S.