LogicPro
LogicPro, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in C, C++, Java, DOT NET, Python, HTML, Javascript, Design.
29751445

I want a java application that will compare the contents of

Customer Question

I want a java application that will compare the contents of 2 different folders and output a textfile with the results. For example, list all of the files that are the same, different or missing from one folder. I do not have any java experience but want to use java to platform independent. It would be used on unix, mac or windows machines.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  LogicPro replied 15 days ago.

Hi

welcome

So the user will input path of 2 folders and it will write a text file

Can you provide example of format of output text file you want?

What is the deadline?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 15 days ago.

There my friend?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the user will input the 2 folder paths. I was thinking some sort of dialog would open upon opening the app, the user inputs the paths, clicks run, the comparison is done and a text file is created. The text file could have columns. The name of the file and location, then something says Match or identical. If it exits in one folder but not the other, then "Exists in Folder 1". I would like to have it as soon as I can. I've found something for windows (.net) that does what I like, but I cannot find one in java.That is here:http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/312484/Directory-Comparer-A-recursive-tool-to-compare-f
Expert:  LogicPro replied 15 days ago.

When you say match or identical, you want to compare the contents or filename. Also before I work on it, please document the requirements like example folder contents with file name, draw a same user interface and output file contents and provide the document please

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Compare the file names for now. The contents seems much more involved I think. Attached a document with some screenshots to help.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 15 days ago.

Thank you providing the requirements.

Looking at the efforts, I am sending small additional offer. Let me know once accepted and I will provide it ASAP

Expert:  LogicPro replied 15 days ago.

There my friend?