ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I need to sum two separate ranges to meet a criteria in a

Customer Question

I need to sum two separate ranges to meet a criteria in a COUNTIFS FORMULA but can't seem to find the correct formula. Here is what I have right now: =COUNTIFS($U$3:$U$90,"CERT",$M$3:$M$90,"OCT 1*",SUM($O$3:$O$90+$Q$3:$Q$90),">=239")
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: its in google sheets but I assumed it would be the same issue if I tried in in excel 2016
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I'm trying to find how many roundtrip trips are over 239 miles. I have trips that are coded as 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, etc. Another trip is 2a, 2 b, 2c, etc. I was breaking down each trip count into one formula (i.e. trip 1) and then adding up all trips (1,2,3,etc) in another formula to arrived at my final count for all trips. The other criteria was to only consider those miles in columns O and Q if they are listed as CERT in another column.
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 21 days ago.

please send an example file