Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I'm working in NetBeans 8.2 and re-assembling/referencing a

Customer Question

I'm working in NetBeans 8.2 and re-assembling/referencing a desktop app package sent to me in pieces, the working app and source files. I have references to 8 libraries which are in the original installed folder (.jar files). I made my own sandbox project with .java and .class files which declared via package MMS21.nbproject.helperFunctions;
however when I try to reference an object declared by a .java file in the same helperFunctions folder, NB produces an error. If I make it produce an import statement it is: import MMS.helperFunctions.cropObject; referring to the original MMS, not my custom sandbox MMS21. How do I rebuild references for my sandbox files while keeping references to the external .jar files (intact)?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  LogicPro replied 29 days ago.

Hi

welcome

Please provide me the project to have a look

zip all files

upload to wikisend.com and post download link here

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Here is a screenshot of the project.
http://wikisend.com/download/260418/NB_MMS2.png
The tip says to create a class "DeletingFileVisitor" in package MMS21/nbproject/helperFunctions/ but the class file is there.
Somehow the other broken references got fixed as I was deciding what to send.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 29 days ago.

It can be solved using remote desktop

Let me know once you are ready for remote desktop support

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I'm working remote and cannot expose the secure connection.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 29 days ago.

ok. It cannot be solved without having the code

My apologies, I am out of ideas and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you.

I would be happy to help you with your other questions though.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks. The code is from a gov't agency who lost their programmer. It has no java docs that are useful and I'm trying to learn enough of Java to modify one class related to batch processing.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok, now I realize I'm missing the source code for Main; I only have the bytecode.
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 28 days ago.

this is Lorenz Vauck, another expert here at JustAnswer. If you have the byte-code, you can decompile it with either CFR or Procyon:

http://www.benf.org/other/cfr/

https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/procyon/wiki/Java%20Decompiler

This is how I always do it if I only have part of the source code. Does that help you?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I could not get procyon to decompile a Main.java file and got the message ERROR: Failed to load class
I realize decompiling is not the issue but referencing whereby I cannot perform an import to my sandbox package:
import MMS21.nbproject.gui.AdditionalInfo;
doesn't work, but
import MMS.gui.AdditionalInfo;
does. See provided screenshot.