Richard, Consultant
Experience:  Programming and Network consultancy for 15+ years
32989067

I make jewelry and I am looking for a way to enter over 3000

Customer Question

Hello. I make jewelry and I am looking for a way to enter over 3000 bead strands into an inventory program by using a bar code scanner. The strand have the manufacturers sku, bar code, description and name of company listed. Whay I want to know is there a way for me to scan the strand and have it connect back to the manufacturer via the internet which includes the stores bead strand information and picture recognize that I have scanned the item and load by column into a spreadsheet so that I do not have to enter by hand all of the above information? Sorry long sentence. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Technically it is possible, but it all depends on if the manufacture provides this as a web service so you can look up the information online via the barcode.

If they do it can be done, but you would need to check with them Cathy on if they provide out this service.