Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Completed BSIT concentration Software Engineering, tutored other students and classmates in Java and VB.net, C++, and Obj C.
68869132

How to you display Ascx control multiple times one below

Customer Question

Hi, How to you display Ascx control multiple times one below another using vb.net
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: asp.net and code behind is vb.net
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: when u click a button it should display one table multple times with different data from database dinamically in one page
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, my name is*****'m a VB expert, but I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you attach the whole assignment here so I can look at it and the code you've written so far using the paperclip icon? If you don't want to post it here, you can click here to do a secure upload to my dropbox. I'm the only one who will see it and I'll delete it when we're done. If you do that, you need to let me know after you've uploaded it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Done attaching. Its Urgent! Can you please help with it. Thanks
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I understand the difficulty, learning is the hardest part of absorbing what it is to use VB.net for programming, the objects are very simply created, but the steps to create a specific kind are often not readily available. Unfortunately, due to the length of the response I would be required to type, I have included the URL of those steps below, so you can get an idea of the involvement you are looking at when writing this type of program. In this case, pictures and code examples are easily readable.

https://www.asp.net/web-forms/overview/data-access/displaying-data-with-the-datalist-and-repeater/displaying-data-with-the-datalist-and-repeater-controls-cs

Another method you might use is a "Master Page" where your control pulls the data from another page, and compiles it all on the master page.

http://odetocode.com/articles/450.aspx