Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for asking your question today.
From what you are describing, I think it would be best to buy a domain at a registrar of your choice. It could be Godaddy, Namecheap, ect. Once you buy the domain, you can actually get Wordpress web-hosting for cheap with a Godaddy domain purchase. I think it is $12 for the first year to host a Wordpress website.
With a Wordpress site, they are easy to add onto with plug-ins and edit. Also, if you want to see something in the future, you can use a plug-in called Woo-commerce and add stuff to sell. Google likes Wordpress sites as well.
Wordpress has many free templates you can use and many sites on the web on how to edit them and add to them.
1. Buy a domain from Godaddy.
2. Get Godaddy Wordpress hosting
3. Install Wordpress
4. Choose a free Wordpress theme or you can find good paid ones as well.
5. Search the web for edits you might want to make on it. (Mostly CSS & HTML)
6. Add Woo-commerce plug-in at a later date when you want to sell.
Please let me know if I have answered your question with all of the information you needed.