ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

The assignment addresses the following learning outcomes

Customer Question

Part 1: Revised ERD and schema - Demonstrate practical skills in using SQL
Part 2: Data dictionary- Demonstrate practical skills in normalisation and convert a conceptual database design to a logical design in 3NF
Part 3: Implementation- Create a database from a given design using a DBMS and implement specified constraints using appropriate tools and approaches
Part 4: Views - Explain and implement security as it applies in the database environment.
Part 1: Revised ERD and schema (use the crow’s feet ERD notation…similar to the above diagram).
Bill is pleased with your work so far and asked you to go on to implement your design. He has made a few clarifications and additions to the specifications that you should note:
 Bill’s trial of the system has been very successful and he now wants to broaden his service into other suburbs as well. He has also recruited more drivers, with the expectation that there will be drivers available in each suburb. However, customers will still only be able to have orders delivered from restaurants in the same suburb.
 Bill needs to know whether his meals are being delivered on time, so the database will need to be able to provide information on requested and actual delivery times/dates.
a) Create and submit the ERD for this database that you are going to use as the basis of your implementation.
b) Show the relational schema in 3NF that will be the basis of your implemented design. Show your relations using the following convention:
RELATION_NAME (PrimaryKey, Attribute, Attribute … ForeignKey)
Part 2: Data dictionary (in standard Oracle).
Create a data dictionary for your database. This should include:
a) For each table: a definition of each column (attribute), consisting of the column name, brief description of what it represents, its data type and size, domain (allowable values), any default value, whether it is required, and any constraints (primary key, foreign key). You can follow the examples in the textbook for the View Ridge Gallery tables, e.g. p299 tables labelled ‘Column characteristics’
b) For each of the columns that is a foreign key, give the appropriate referential integrity rules (i.e. the “on delete…. ; on update“ etc actions that should apply when the corresponding primary key is altered). The appropriate action should be included whether or not there is a statement in Oracle to implement it.
c) Any business rules (enterprise constraints) that should apply to the database as a whole.
Note that your data dictionary must be consistent with your ERD and schema.
Parts 3 and 4 should be completed in Oracle on arion.
Part 3: Implementation
Implement the database in Oracle SQLPlus on arion.murdoch.edu.au. Note the following:
a) All tables should be created as per your ERD and data dictionary; the marker will check your ERD against your tables. You do NOT need to include the SQL CREATE TABLE statements that you used to create the tables.
b) All entity and referential integrity constraints should be created and appropriately named.
c) All columns (attributes) should be of an appropriate data type/size and be set as required or not as appropriate.
d) All domain constraints should be implemented.
e) All tables should be populated with sample data that will allow the marker to test that your database fulfils the application requirements as specified and support the transactions and views listed below. Also provide the sample data in your Word document.
f) SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE permissions should be GRANTED on all database objects (particularly tables and views) to the user MARKERTL. This is most important. If you do not grant this permission, the marker will not be able to mark this part of your assignment.
Part 4: Views
Create VIEWS for the following in Oracle (views should be named as ViewA, ViewB etc). You should also provide the CREATE VIEW statements you used to create the views in your Word document.
ViewA All the details of an order for a particular customer. The driver needs this to pick up the dishes from the restaurant, and to confirm with the customer on delivery.
ViewB All the vegetarian dishes that can be delivered to customers in a particular suburb in less than half an hour.
ViewC The details of the orders for a particular restaurant on a particular date.
ViewD A list of all the vegan restaurants and the names, description and prices of the dishes they offer.
ViewE List of all drivers, and the customers (if any) they delivered to on a particular date.
ViewF List of drivers who are currently available (i.e. not out on a delivery) in a particular suburb.
ViewG The total number of orders for each restaurant so far (i.e. since FineFoods4U commenced).
ViewH The ‘booklet’ which lists all the dishes available from a particular restaurant, with their names, descriptions, course type, prices and delivery time. (Note you do not have to create the booklet itself, just provide the information for it.)
ViewI The number of orders from each suburb in the previous month, in descending order.
ViewJ The number of orders in each suburb that were delivered later than requested in a particular month, and the average time by which they were late.
Note that where the requirement is for “a particular” suburb/month/restaurant/etc, assume for this assignment the view definition includes a specific value such as ‘Murdoch’ or ‘September’ (although, obviously, it should work for all relevant values).
Please note the following about the marking of this assignment:
 The marker will view your documentation and then match your documentation to your implementation. This means for example, that tables, columns and constraints should be named in your database as they are in your documentation. Relationships defined in your ERD should be defined in your database using foreign keys.
 The marker will view the sample data in your tables.
 The marker will execute each of the views created for Part 4 above.
 AGAIN, please ensure that you GRANT the appropriate privileges on all relevant objects (tables and views) to the user MARKERTL. If you do not do this, the marker will not be able to mark part of your assignment (and you may be awarded 0 for this section).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I can do all these but in one question I will do only one part. By when do you want this to be done ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi ,What do you mean "I can do all these but in one question I will do only one part..."

I mean, Question price is less and amount of effort and time is required to get this done is much more. So can you open 4 questions to do all these 4 parts ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all the 4 Questions are related each other and I posted 4 of them together in one, you accepted it but if the price you think is less then tele me the fair price you think and if we agree I will pay the remaining , if don't you can leave it for other...

I am opting out for others.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the deadline is Tuesday(25/10/2016) the same time, just like now
Expert:  George Sibiya replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

I will do it but depending on the amount of time that I will spend on it as my colleague mentioned earlier on, I might offer a premium service on submission of the answer.

Regards,

G

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how much are you asking ?

Ok I have submitted an offer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all the four parts (or questions) are related so , you need to start at part 1 to go to Part 4, and I am looking for some one who can do all the parts not only the programing part .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you ready to do all of them (that is from Part1 to Part4) for how much ? let me know .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
$14 AUD, ok but I need you start from Part 1 then all the other parts . but I am not connecting my computer right now Because I need to see first how the first parts done ,& they don't need connecting to my computer these parts.

Ok when I made the offer I was considering all four parts

If it is fine you may accept the offer so I can start the deadline is too close. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I said ok I will pay the $14 , and you can start . But I think the premium service is letting you connect my computer, giving you access to it & I am not ready for that now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the deadline can extend ...

Ok. No I will not need to connect to your machine I will work on my side and then send you the answers when done. I will only ask questions in the process if need be.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do the solutions first then ask me to pay the extra $14 before I can access to the solution, ...i am not going to refuse to pay the $14 . Please start doing the solutions. Are you going to start or not ?

Yes I am on it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
any progress? or

Its very slow my tools are letting me down. I need to leave it to other experts to avoid wasting any more of your time.

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I would be delighted to assist you with your RDBMS homework.

Unlike George, I will not play games with my fees. I am a recognized authority in the field. I was chief architect of the first multi-level secure (MLS) RDBMS to be embraced by the U. S. National Security Agency. I was also the author of the multi-level security extensions proposal to ANSI Level II SQL.

Not only that, but I have seen this Foods4U example before.

Do me a small favor: capture the COMPLETE assignment in ONE piece and post it in the Messages stream. Do NOT post bits and pieces which are expanded upon severally by subsequent bits and pieces.

When is your due date?

Just checking: have there been any prior assignments dealing with: Olympic sporting events and their venues; a private art gallery; or a student projects/advisors database? ;-)

Does any of this (see attached partial screen capture) look like it might be of relevance to the FineFoods4U database project?

"The real deal" here: not empty promises.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi are you there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Bruce , can you lower your offer so that I can see if I can do that, ...yes they are related but the ERD is wrong and I provided partial answer for that ...

You can tell from a fraction of a diagram that the ERD is "wrong"?

Guess what: there are MULTIPLE solutions. Some people (such as those of us who have 30+ years' experience in database internals, personally having built the world's first multi-level secure relational DBMS [Trusted RUBIX] and contributed significantly to the National Computer Security Center's Trusted Database Interpretation of the Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria) see simplifications that, frankly, are beyond your professor, who is probably too focused on his/her way-beyond-reproach narcissistic/nihilistic microcosm to see anything that he/she didn't personally come up with.

Also bear in mind that what is considered an ERD varies. Some folks include relationship ovals; others include only hard schemata. Some insist on endless overspecification of crows' feet on lineal links; others don't. Why don't you post your professor's idea of an ERD so we don't end up counting beans. Thanks.

"No, that's wrong. THIS is the answer." No offense, but that's what I expect to hear from a "B" student. You have to think out of the box. I was a professor once upon a time, and many are stuck in their boxes, quite deeply nestled!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here is some info, and partial answer

That "partial answer" looks like it's part of a solution involving 10+ tables. I was able to do everything with 6 tables.

Of course, some of the difference may lie in the reporting requirements. When the ability to generate a report that entails such-and-such is specified, some interpret that as, there must be a table that directly relates that information. That's actually the bonehead's approach if such data can be generated on the fly from a join of whichever tables, keeping the underlying schemata as simple as possible. I prefer the minimalist approach, also known as the CORRECT approach. It seems your prof is rather more of a plodder.