ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML

I need help with FTP project in C. I wrote the serverftp.c

Customer Question

Hi! I need help with FTP project in C. I wrote the serverftp.c and clientftp.c. Now need help to fix them. Thanks!
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: I edit my C programs in sublime. But it doesn't matter for me -any text editor will work.
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I need to check my implementation of the unix commands like user, pass, cd, pwd, mkdir, dele, rmdir
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need someone who is expert in C and knows Unix commands usage.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please see the attached files with description of the home work.
For example:
I need help with these: I am calling commands user and pass. I cannot get successful password ***** Please see output below.
Another commands did not give me right output. I need to check my code. Thank you!Here is my output:my ftp> user OlgaSplit user command "user Olga" into tokens:Command: "user"Argument: "Olga"user Olga331 User name Okay, need ftp> passSplit user command "pass" into tokens:Command: "pass"Argument: ""pass501 Password ***** ***** ftp> pass passw0 // It is the correct password ***** it gives me the mistake.Split user command "pass passw0" into tokens:Command: "pass"Argument: "passw0"pass passw0503 Wrong command usage.Type 'pass <password>'My global variables:
char users[1024]; /* created list of users*/
char user[1024]; /*created user*/
char pass[1024]; /* created password*/
char *usersList[]={"Olga", "Jake", "Melissa", "Philip", "Mary"}; //the list of usernames
char *passwList[]={"passw0", "passw1","passw2","passw3", "passw4"};//the list of users' passwords
int loggedIn = -1; //index showed no current user is logged in
Expert:  Steve replied 10 days ago.

Hi there, my name is***** you only need me to look at the "user" and "pass" commands, or do you need me to look at all the commands?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I need to go and fix all commands for home work. I wrote the code for these commands but they do not give the output I have to have. I am testing them running on the university server. Thanks!
Expert:  Steve replied 9 days ago.

I have given you an offer for premium service to look at them. If you accept, I'll look at them today. If you decline, I'll opt out and you can see if someone else will help you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Steve, I have already paid to Just Answer. Without payment they did not let me to contact you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How can I accept your offer then? It redirected me again to palpal.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did not understand what was premium service. They already charged me $51. If I need to pay another $40 dollars then opt out my question. Thank you!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 days ago.

Hi there. I'm not sure I understand. You asked me to opt out of the question if it was going to cost the extra money, so I did. Do you want me to do the work at that price?