ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have an MS Access database where I assign tasks through

Customer Question

I have an MS Access database where I assign tasks through VBA to Outlook. However I guess the default Outlook mail application on Android/Apple that connects to exchange server doesn't support access created tasks. Any ideas of a workaround to allow mobile users to receive tasks in their calendar using access VBA?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

Sure, how about sending them a text message containing a hyperlink that allows them to download the task in a manner that can be imported into their local schedule?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That should work, how do you do that through Access?

O.K., let's go over this from the top. What mechanism have you been using (before your Android/iPhone migration) to publish tasks out to your employees?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have an MSAccess database that assigns tasks using VBA to their Calendars in Outlook 2013.

Before you migrated to smartphones, what mechanisms were you relying on to publish tasks? I'm implicitly assuming that Office didn't implement a "calendar groupware listener," in the spirit of, say, an ORACLE listener. Can you configure it to send updates by e-mail to a pseudo-address and to have "inbound mail" at that pseudo-address (on whatever target device) result in the execution of a local task, like, download task description file and import into Outlook? This would be a snap on UNIX/Linux because you can achieve it all through sendmail (the ilk, not necessarily the literal product) aliases, no need for special Office shims.

Is any of this making sense?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks we have office policies in place we have to use only Microsoft access products on our exchange server. I'm only looking for a VBA Microsoft Access solution.