The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Knowledge in PHP, MYSQL, CSS & Javascript

This is about VBA, within excel, Microsoft excel 2010, There

Customer Question

This is about VBA, within excel
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: Microsoft excel 2010
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: There are two columns of information i need to take from one workbook and copy them into a new workbook, but the data will then need to be split into 4 columns each, and formatted so it will fit on a custom margin sized page for printing.
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 month ago.

if you could send an example file of what you are looking to do I will take a look at it tomorrow as it is late where I am

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Client list 1 is how the information is exported out of a database. Active Member List is how I would like it to be organized. Each page has 8 total columns, essentially taking the information and making it fit on a printable 8.5 by 11 page. The problem I keep running into is it that a simple fill doesn't keep the information in alphabetical order filling the first page first then moving to the next page, which is what I am trying to achieve.
The cells in columns A and B on the first worksheet are linked, a number to a corresponding name, so they need to stay together. These columns need to be split into columns C through H. In columns A and B, once the cells reach the page break, then then fill into C and D at the top down to the page break again, then E and F, and so on. That way the first page to print is in alphabetical order from top to bottom, left to right. Make sense? Sorry I did not realize how tough this would be to explain.
Let me know if you have questions.
Thank you

it certainly is possible to create a macro to do this. However it being a bit complicated.

I am sending an addtional service offer, accept it and I will get started.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 30 days ago.

This reauest has been open for a while now. I take it you are no longer interested in doing this.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Sorry, I have been busy.
This is for a small business I work for, and spending that kind of money does not make sense, when I can do the process manually in only 10 to 20 minutes, just a cumbersome task.
Thank you however for your response and help!
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 29 days ago.

how often do you do the task?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Once a month, on average.

ok, well I do realize it is on a budget, however I do have a degree in business. And with the amount of time that it will save it will certainly pay for itself pretty quickly.

I am willing to knock $20 off. Why don't you discuss it with your business partners, and get back to me if you want to continue.