Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.
94527327

I had a excel macro program created by you last year, I now

Customer Question

I had a excel macro program created by you last year, I now need it updated and correct the mistakes.
JA: I'm an assistant to the Programmer. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Ok so how do I send you the macro
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: Windows10 Microsoft office 365
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: I would like this marco to do the following Arrange the invoice sheet by category of the back up sheets and leave a few extra lines after each category for additional options. I can't do it I need a programmer
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have added some lines to this macro so i believe that's why sometimes the options I select do not transfer to the invoice
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please attach your excel file so I can review it please?

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I received your file, what is the password ***** access the macros?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kilkenny
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It says it is invalid, can you double check please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kilkenny to log on to my computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I am not yet accepting the remote as I do not know the scope of the work needed to be done so will need to alter the price accordingly.

Therefore I need please the password ***** the excel sheets code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
5525?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

no, and we need this to view the code, if you click on developer then visual basic in your file you see it requesting the password

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is developer tab
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

At the top, if you do not see it you need to enable it, use my link to see how

https://msdn.microsoft.com/nl-nl/library/bb608625.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I have the developer tab at the top
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, then tell me the password *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where do I find the password
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

you need to contact the person who set the password ***** retrieve it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call me please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I forgot the code
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

for some reason I cannot make the call request.

I am having this rectified with the admins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tocontinue this in about an hour
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok no problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you look up who wrote the program last year for you and find out what code he used
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

no, that I cannot see, I only see what the sheet has.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there any other way to get the code I honestly do not believe I made a code for this file. I tried every password *****'ve every used
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, I was able to remove it.

So what does the code actually do (how do I run it) and how do you want it changed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the Invoice tab I would like to start the options to paginate starting on page 2 with the heading of Exterior, then Interior, Kitchen Electric and Plumbing and so on in addition to the number of lines you give to each section could you add 3 blank lines
for additional upgrades. Also not all the line transfer to the invoice sheet so I need to have that checked as while.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

first, tell me how the sheet is used please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok on all the backup tabs you put in the quantities in, once you have that completed you go back and put an " X " in the corresponding line in Column A it then generates onto the invoice and totals at the same time
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

So you will want each sheet (Interior, Exterior,, Kitchen ect) to have its own page correct on the invoice correct? So you always have 5 pages in the invoices?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How about Exterior (Including the header "Exterior" ) Page 2, Page3 Interior, Page 4 kitchen 5 lines. Electric 10 lines . Page 5 Plumbling
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, that can be done, the problem is I need to make an offer for the work, and at the moment cannot, I have request the admins to rectify this so we need to wait till this is done first.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok I'll Be leaving my open House at 3 PM DST New York Time zone and will wait for your offer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why am I being charged $136.00 for yesterday we didn't do anything yet to the file
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I cannot see anything about payments, you will need to email customer service on

***@******.***

They should be in contact with you anyway in regards ***** ***** question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Richard before you proceed with anything, I need to have a meeting with my associates and discuss exactly what we all want this macro to do. I have scheduled the meeting for Monday at 9 AM and will respond back to you in the afternoon on Monday the 19th. Jack
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

thanks Jack

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard,Attached is the macro file I need updated so that it works correctly, if there is a way for you to put the header of each subordinate page ahead of the contents of that page that would be ideal. nothing was done on the Macro recently ? Please adviseJack
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Jack, sorry but you need to make a new question from this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
14 October 2016 07:13
Richard,Attached is the macro file saved as xlsx file I need it updated so that it works correctly, if there is a way for you to put the header of each subordinate page ahead of the contents of that page that would be ideal. It works entering the quantity and putting an " X " in the first column
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 month ago.

hi looking at the file you attached on do not see any code. Can you attach a text file containing any VBA that was provided.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I saved the macro as a PDF file is this what your looking for ?

sorry that doesn't help can you send the excel file? with the vba code incluided?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your program will not accept an .xlsm file format?

put it in a zip file

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My computer will not give me the option to save it as a zip file, can't you just send me a email address i can attached the macro file too.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I just share the file with you from Dropbox?

drop box will work

send me the link

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlut5bmlgh5kvqn/Musser%27s%20invoice%20sheet%20test.xlsm?dl=0

i have the file however there is a password ***** is preventing me from viewing the code

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Try. 5525 or jckblk5525
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If that doesn't work your guy created the code in December 2014

that didn't work. This looks familiar, like I created the code. But I would not have put a password ***** it.

So you must have had someone else modify it and they added a password.

I cannot help you if I cannot see the code

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlut5bmlgh5kvqn/Musser%27s%20invoice%20sheet%20test.xlsm?dl=0Can you just take over my computer or look for my previous e mail to just answer from dec 2015. I did not put any password ***** the file. I have a password ***** in excel for my passwords only. It is not in that file anywhere!

i would charge you extra for remote service, and there is no guarantee I will find the right password, and this does not include doing the actual work. Actual work would be extra

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when we communicated back in september you got around the password ***** you know know what my case # ***** when they created it fall 2014
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you just start over and create a new macro with my excel file ?

sure I could start over if you are willing to pay for it.

Please try to describe what you need

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What it's going to cost this time ? Attached is the New Musser invoice sheet and 1 of the original musser macro file kilkenny
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlut5bmlgh5kvqn/New%20Musser%27s%20invoice%20sheet.xlsm?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/75xnl5bm0r6p12c/SK%20Lot%20%23%20115%20Kilkenny.xlsm?dl=0
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only thing I am requesting in addition to the current marco is that each of the headers (exterior, interior, kitchen, electrical, plumbing precede the contents of their respective page

ok, you need to explain what the current macro was supposed to do since I don't have the code, and would have to recreate any code, you have to tell me what is needed all together.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok we have invoice sheet that calculates the total price of the home from the subordinate pages Exterior,Interior,Kitchen, Electrical, and Plumbing. In the quantity column I would enter the amount and is would calculate total cost for that line in Column D once I had all the quantities entered for each page I would then put an X in column A for that corresponding item, Once I put an X in the column it would generate onto the invoice sheet and keep a running total I am asking that the header of each precede the content of that page.

Lets talk about the first part.

i can understand if you put an X you want it to populate to another sheet. What is supposed to populate from where to where?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Look in macro file for kilkenny under the exterior tab go to line 12, that correspondes with A70 on the invoice tab

remember that the macro needed a password.

i couldn't view the code.

I am just asking you if you could provide an example from the data of how exactly the code would populate when you put an X?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't put a password ***** when use the file can't you just look at the tabs

looking at the tabs doesn't help sorry. Yes I can view the data. However without the original code which you cant provide. Because there is a password ***** the code that someone put in the file. Not the file itself just the code.

I need you to provide some examples of how you want the data to be copied when X is placed, sample input and sample output to the tab you want the data in.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here a mock up file I created from copy and paste

i see so each sheet is supposed to have its own section of the page it goes to.

so you realize that lines 16 and 17 would not copy over unless you also put an x there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Look at the file again, Exterior and Interior tabs The X in Column A triggers the description and total price onto the invoice tab

got that.

if you look on exter sheet rows 15- 16- 17 you will see an x on row 15, but no x on row 16 or 17, so row 16 and 17 would not be copied

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's correct only lines with the X generate to the invoice tab

ok, then your example is a little bit off. But I think I get the idea of what you want for the first part

now when you say copy header what do you mean by that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wubmct8i3ix9u3i/SK%20Lot%20%23%20115%20Kilkenny.xlsx?dl=0If you look a my sample file you will see on page 2 of the invoice sheet Exteriors and exterior items Interior and interior items
Attached is a completed excel file

so you mean you want to copy the top part for each section where it has name and address and all of that info?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are you talking about??? No Leave the invoice tab alone Start with Page 2 just the word EXTERIOR and then exterior items then INTERIOR and interior items

so on the invoice sheet, the first sheet where the itemss are being copied, you want the sheet name entered for each section?

but only the first time, not after each item?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
correct

ok, well then in that case you probably don't need to modify the code.

just put the sheet names in, the first cell of each section, and leave them there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The reason I wanted this done is because I have added lines as new options came online, the macro doesn't work properly any more so I added a fifth page and all the current upgrades we offer to our customers. I don't know why I can't just send you the Macro and you repair it, I didn't put a password ***** the file Just answer did. Was their a code you used in 2014 to protect your macro's you wrote for customers. I had it for today. Not a good experience Will Talk maybe tomorrow

i'm sorry, I tried to explain. Somehow at some point someone put a password ***** prevent the code from being viewed.

I can just create new code.

I was just trying to give you the best a least expensive possible option.

We can talk tomarrow.

since there is a password ***** the code, I can not modify it, I cannot even view it.

I do not put passwords on code I create, for just this reason.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been on the computer allday, and I believe i finally figured out how to change VBA password It is Now kilkenny
i have attached 2 files the original master date 10-18-2016 .xls and the new invoice sheet as marked
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to send you the new invoice the one i sent is the same as other file
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here the new file

i understand what you want to copy to where as far as the data is concerned.

Now lets discuss the headers. Can you be very specific about what header is getting copied to where and how often using cell references.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only headers I want are the word "Exterior" starting on Page 2 then any exterior items below that , Then "Interior" and interior items , then "Kitchen" and kitchen items, "Electrical" and electrical items and "Plumbing" and plumbing items. The Invoice sheet is already set up to copy the title, name, address. etc. nothing needs to be added to page1

ok, so the word Exterior would only show up once? Then each time something is checked it goes below it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Attached is a file that demonstrates what I am looking for from this macro

i will open up your question to others, because I don't see how it is possible to get it to look exactly like you want

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok then this what I want you to do: if I put an x in column A next to exterior, exterior will paginate on the next available line on the invoice copy and so forth. I need you to check the program language to make all the items transfer to the invoice correctly
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Perhaps I can help.

Please make it clearer what you want. "Pagination" is not an Excel function per se. If you want report writer functionality, you have to use a report writer, not Excel. Excel is a spreadsheet tool that provides some additional functionality; it is not a report writer that can incorporate arbitrary formatting such as page breaks.

If you want an "x" typed over here to result in blank lines added over there, or in the user automatically being transferred to another worksheet, that is certainly doable. If you want to move to the next sheet, your best option is to eyeball it and hunt for the next page break (revealed in crystal-clarity as a row of hyphens).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please refer to OrderID: 15000251-567 This is the macro that Andrew from your company created for me. All I want is for you to check for accuracy, and I added Page 5 on the invoice. also added additional lines at the bottom of each sub title tabs. When Andrew was creating this macro he said he could put check marks instead of x's, how much additional would that cost? So you have rewrite the program just expand it

Missing something here, not knowing who Andrew is, or what it means to "check something for accuracy" that was done (and presumably accepted) some time ago.

You can have a checkbox instead of an X if you like. That's not a big deal.

"This is the macro." Actually, this is a spreadsheet. Where is this macro hiding?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here the sample file from my Just Answer OrderID: 15000251-567 dated 2-13-2015

We seem to be having some difficulty communicating. I'll try again.