Programming Questions? Ask a Programmer for Answers ASAP
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to be of assistance to you. Please provide me a copy of the spreadsheet and I will begin working on this.
Thank you for providing me with the sheet. I am currently looking to see the best method of creating your automated task.
Not a problem. I am nearly done. I am just debugging and testing my results as we speak. :)
Hello. Sorry about the delay. I ran into a small problem but it is done now. I have put two files in the zip. your original file with the macro in place, but not executed yet. The second test.xlm is the same file, but with the macro already ran.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If I have answered your questions, please mark as answered and rate my service. I hope you have a wonderful day!
It looks like the latest version of the computer coding sheet with the macro button didn't go into that first zip. I have added it in this zip.
Just to verify, Sheet 1 is the "Components" sheet, and 2 is the Hardware Schedule, correct?
Oooh. I see now. The actual one you want the info is on the Notes Page. I'll have to re-write the macro. This will take a bit
No. Just re-read everything. You want the SKU from Components Column A in Hardware Column D
That is what the original macro did though?
The reason it missed so many is due to the fact that I had to have it match the product number due to having multiple different items with the same descriptor. If I went solely on descriptor, then it would be placing wrong sku's incorrectly. .
I think I figured out what the issue is. The SKU is placed one line above the appropriate descriptor.
If there was product number (sheet one column E) in the descriptor (Column D on sheet 2) the macro would fire off every sku perfectly (once I fix the one line thing) Yet to repair that might take just as long as to manually type the remainder (Unless this is a consistent task.).
I will work on the macro to ensure accuracy. I see the logical error as you have stated. I will post it on here tonight and will be available tomorrow to discuss more.
Sorry about the delay, and you are very welcome.
I think I have a script that will work. I've just have a little bit more testing to do, but due to the nature of the calls it does not change many of the descriptions to SKU. I am still trying to see if there is a better way to do a lookup, or a better comparison column to gain more entries. (Mildly put, I am not excited about the results of the script. The only up side is the accuracy is 100% at this point).