Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL

I have the following query (it works) but I desperately need

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have the following query (it works) but I desperately need to know how to use it to update my original data set with the results. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Apparently - I am also blocked from attached the code here. So - query works - but how the heck do I get it to update the data in my original table?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 month ago.

I hope I can help you out - could you please upload your SQL script file (e.g. at , or just copy/paste the text in this thread?

I'd like to have a look.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See attached. Query works. We just don't know how to update our original database with the results?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any luck? Please get back to me as soon as possible.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 month ago.

Generally, you'd use an update statement to change some or all columns in some or all rows of your table; but I image you've seen that.

With the mild complexity of your query batch (2 separate statements? ) I'd have to see your source table definition (schema & sample data) and the actual output from your query to assemble an update statement. BUt in all likelihood, you'll need a form of the UPDATE ... SELECT pattern, check this out: