ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I need a programmer with knowledge of mobile and standard

Customer Question

I need a programmer with knowledge of mobile and standard website coding. The mobile guy added a code on the index page akcustom dot com and for some reason the slideshow is no longer working. We need to fix this. The issue is the mobile coding he put on the regular website home page.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, you cannot hire a programmer for $26. I can only provide general assistance about what to do and how to do it. I would not be able to perform detailed software development within the scope that JustAnswer provides or allows.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I am not asking to rewrite the website... The code for the mobile was done by an expert, in the past the code was working fine and then I accidentally override the web page on the server and for some reason now the slideshow is not working. So tell me what's wrong and I wlll ask the other expert to fix it.

If you accidentally overwrote (I presume this is what you meant; you said overrode) the code, that's why it's not working. Hopefully, you have a backup, or a pristine version of the "working" code--working IN COMBINATION WITH your Web site--that the putative expert gave you. Otherwise, he/she doesn't seem like much of an expert. "Oops, I accidentally deleted it" should be readily fixed within sixty seconds--at least it is when I deliver a product. Put things back the way they were, and--if they truly worked in conjunction (I haven't heard you say you tested the expert's code in combination with your Web page)--then they will work again. I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

he did not have a back up or the backups which were on the server disappeared. Of course Bruce I asked about that. I should have done a back up of the server index page when he was done but I forgot. As I said he put back the code on the index page and since then the slide show is not working.

The answer, then, is that you are out of luck. Next time, hire a competent professional and make certain you have permanent copies on removable media of all software that was developed for you. Otherwise, there isn't even evidence that would stand up in a court of law (= TRY TO GET A REFUND BY SUING HIM) that the software was actually developed and working, demonstrated to perform in the integrated target environment.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

PLEASE OPT OUT OF MY QUESTION. WE ARE GOING TO LOOK FOR SOMEONE MORE QUALIFIED.

Someone more qualified to what? To be more polite about why you would pay someone for work and not even have a copy of the work, and suddenly it's "deleted"? I told you how to recover your money from this "practitioner" even though the fault is shared: that's the best advice you'll get anywhere.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

PLEASE OPT OUT THAT'S ALL I AM ASKING.

Sorry, but I don't intend to get stiffed for my answer--or to have you stiff however many other experts--because you are unwilling to accept blame for having conducted business irresponsibly. Next time, hire a professional; make sure the system is integrated and fully tested BEFORE YOUR EYES; and make sure that what he gave you is on permanent media that can be INSTALLED, FROM SCRATCH, AND FULLY TESTED BEFORE YOUR EYES. You offend people by asking them to "opt out" when you found their complete, truthful, highly valuable answer to be "unqualified." Goodness gracious me!