ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Have FrontPage 2002 installed on XP Pro box. Need to

Customer Question

Have FrontPage 2002 installed on XP Pro box. Need to activate. Microsoft is no help. Can you help?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Depends. What are you about to suggest?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The machine is one that I built and had online for several years. Frontpage was on it and ran with no problem. HD crashed. Replaced HD, took the machine offline. Current online machine is a 7 Pro. Want to use the XP as my offline workhorse. HD installed with no problems. So did FrontPage, complete with the product key, which I have. The kicker came when I booted the program and I'm told it needs to be activated. Contacted Microsoft by phone. No joy since support/activation ended three years ago. All I want to do is be able to use FP 2002 since my websites and other sales products are created with FP.. Is there any way to activate FP without going to Microsoft, who isn't going to help.
JA: The programmer can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's about it. I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to be an expert. In other words, I taught myself over the last twenty years.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Would you be able to tell me the version of front page? Is it standard or pro?

Regards

Kris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
XP Pro
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not online with this box.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kris, I am unable to securely connect as a result. Can we solve this problem another way?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kris, are you still there or did I waste my money?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

I've checked and cannot find a serial key. I will opt out and see If someoen else can help. I doubt it thought.