hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

We are having issues with the Google ReCaptcha

Customer Question

We are having issues with the Google ReCaptcha functionality. It's displaying correctly but on checking the box it adds a second layer of images that is potentially losing us traffic.
We have explored a few of the more likely symptoms with no luck.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
I look forward to your reply
Regards
steve
Category: Programming
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 months ago.

Hello there please tell us if your website is using a CMS such as Wordpress?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HiYes all the sites we manage use Wordpress as the CMSs

Thank you. Google uses it's own secret algorithms about whether to present a second tier captcha to the customer. I also use WP as my CMS and have opted for a third party captcha plugin which works very well called Captcha by BestWebSoft

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi
Thanks for getting back to me again.
I do not wish to use the plugin that you suggest as we have tried it previously and the problem still exists.
We have sources a different solution now so thanks again for trying to help and have a nice day.
Cheers
S

Thanks for your reply. I use that Captcha & it works perfectly. Maybe you didn't disable the Google Captcha? My suggestion only presents a single tier Captcha question.
​I have answered your question about the Google Captcha problem so please kindly rate my service so that I can be paid for my time.

Best wishes,
​hkp

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi
As I said, we have already tried numerous plugin options including the one you suggestI asked for someone to solve the issue of images appearing in Google ReCaptcha – I didn't ask for alternative plug-ins to try – so I don't see that you have resolved my issue.I am sorry if you think otherwise.All the best and thanks for tryingCheers
steve

Hello there I explained to you why some of your customers are seeing second tier authentication. There is nothing you can do about the Google algorithm that it uses to determine which customers see this. I understand why this is not want you want to hear but you asked how to fix it and the correct answer is that you can't. The only option is to try another solution which you didn't say in your opening question. You only asked about the Google Captcha. I'm sorry that I didn't give you the answer that you wanted to hear but it is the correct answer nonetheless.