Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programming Tutor
Experience:  Completed BSIT concentration Software Engineering, tutored other students and classmates in Java and VB.net, C++, and Obj C.
68869132

I am building a woocommerce website to buy and sell gift

Customer Question

I am building a woocommerce website to buy and sell gift cards. I will have a product page to shop/buy gift cards. I want to build a corresponding page to sell gift cards - one page per product brand (products/gift cards for each gift card brand will be grouped products). I want to leverage all the existing assets of the product (product description, product images) on the sell page as well. Likewise, I want to build a gift card balance check page for each brand.
What is the best way to build the Sell gift card and Gift card balance check pages in woocommerce/wordpress, so I can leverage the same product assets for all 3 type of pages.
A good example of what I am trying to do is raise.com website.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What programming languages were you thinking of putting into the pages you are asking about?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Russell,This is a purely wordpress setup question. It is possible that there is already a plugin available for this setup or there is a way to use the wordpress admin portal to accomplish what I am trying to do. In such cases, I may not have to use any programming language at all and most likely the plugin will be in PHP. If any custom coding is needed, I will prefer to do so in PHP itself.

I fear that I am not quite competent enough in WordPress coding to help you to a useful extent with this question, so (to give you the best chance at a good answer to your question) I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Note: this question involves WordPress page design.

Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

There are plugins already available for this, I personally like this one:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/gift-cards-for-woocommerce/

The creator of the plugin also allows users to contact him for questions on integration, migration, and development, so feel free! :) Please do not forget to accept and rate, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Chris,Thanks for your response. I fear my requirements are different though. I am not selling my website's gift cards here. Rather, my website is about buying and selling gift cards of other retailers. So my product is "gift card" here. This make things different for me as I don't manage the creation and redemption of the gift cards I buy and sell.Further, I am specifically looking some information around building the sell gift card page where a customer can come on my site and sell his or her gift card. That features are not supported by these plugins.

Ah, sounds like you will want someone to do some coding there, I will step aside and see if one is available! :)