Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I have optimize my site for google.co.uk but my website

Customer Question

i have optimize my site for google.co.uk but my website address is flightsquote.com not co.uk. Do i need to list my website on google.co.uk. as on google.com same keywords have higher competition. how mechanism will work.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

You will need to add a secondary domain name flightsquote.co.uk to your website. You will need to register the address and point it to your current DNS servers.

If you like, I could assist you doing this - it must be done and registered and takes around 6 hours to replicate accross the world.

Do you know who your domain name is ***** ***** etc?

I could remotly connect and assist If you like

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but expedia.com also come up in the google.co.uk result as well there are many website who are .com but visible on search result of google.co.uk, google.in etc.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

That' becuase they have a server in the UK. Unless you want 2 servers the only way is to add the other domain.

2 servers will costs thousands.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you are not getting my question at all. I am saying google.co.uk will not show my website in search result unless i have .co.uk domain instead of .com ?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Yes that is correct you ust have a server in the UK or a website with the .co.uk (you can have .co.uk AND .com If you wish)

Your choices are

1. Add the seconardy co.uk address
  2. Add a second server

It's very easy to add the .co.uk address and will cost you about $15 max, along with some of my time to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you mean all the website who have .com extension have servers in UK thats why they show result . on google.co.uk. If i show you website with .com extension and their servers are in USA but they also showing up in google.co.uk result.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Yes - all you need to do is add the 2nd domain.

Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you still need help with your issue?