Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator

When I attempt to use Google Chrome, I get a response that

Customer Question

When I attempt to use Google Chrome, I get a response that "Class Not Registered"
Category: Programming
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you on a windows or mac computer and which version?

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am running Windows 10 on a PC. The build is 10586
Google Chrome is version 52.0.2170.82 and it was downloaded July 28th. I uninstalled an older version and installed the current version
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Can you download the Cleanup tool please from my link below

Run it, restart your computer and tell me please if Chrome now works.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Richard - - - Your suggestion did not do the job. The problem is still there. I can not run Google Chrome. When I click on the Google Chrome icon, I get the response
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a Microsoft Security related thing in Windows 10 that is not allowing Google Chrome to run because Google Chrome is not on some "Registered List" ? ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Gentlemen, On order 1651 3600 697, I asked for help in fixing a problem with Google Chrome. When I tried to start Chrome, i got the response " Class Not Registered." " Richard" at Just Ask suggested using a Google Chrome tool to fix the problem. It did not fix it. Moments ago, I looked again on the internet for a fix and found it. I've copied it below.saiprince2595 said:
Hello Tom Eves,
Go to Google Chrome shortcut and right click and go to properties. Please try to uncheck the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox on the Compatibility tab.
I did that and immediately, Google Chrome worked.
Expert:  Cody replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?