Richard, Consultant
Experience:  Programming and Network consultancy for 15+ years

I am trying to find code which I can drop into a recorded

Customer Question

I am trying to find code which I can drop into a recorded macro which will identify the letter L in the H column. If L is found in the H column, I need to delete/clear the data in the cell at column B in the same row.This is for a daily report that has a wildly varying number of rows but the columns are constant.In short, varying quantity of rows. Find L in column H on row x, then clearcontents in column B row x.Any suggestions?
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a sample workbook I can send, if it would help.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can use this code to do this, you just put it in a macro that cycles through all rows

if Chr(ActiveCell.Column + 64) = "H" then

if InStr(1, ActiveCell.Value, "L") > 0 then

range("B" & ActiveCell.Row) = ""

end if

end if

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

How did you go with the Code David? As I saw you reviewed it but I never heard back.