The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  Extensive Knowledge in PHP, MYSQL, CSS & Javascript
62934938

Basically this is a random number generator program that

Customer Question

Basically this is a random number generator program that uses a specific group of numbers to randomly generate rows of three separate columns of single digit numbers. For example: I want to be able to input the numbers 3,7,8,and 9 in column 1. The numbers 0,4,6,and 8 in column 2 and the numbers 2,4,and 7 in column 3. I want the program to randomly select the numbers from each column and create rows of three columns. There should be a field that asks me how many rows I want the program to generate and a button to click to run the program. I should be able to copy the output to an Excel spreadsheet. Also, there should be a way to clear the numbers that were previously inputted and outputted.The specific group of numbers to be selected would be 0 thru 9.The program should be able to create (cycle through) the maximum amount of combinations (or rows) allowed for the numerical input of the three columns.The output should look like this:7 4 2
9 0 4
8 8 4
9 8 7
3 6 4
3 0 7
7 4 2I asked for a similar program a few years ago. The screen name of the person who wrote that program for me is Ingo U. That program worked flawlessly. I have a screen shot of that program that can be included in an e mail. The program I need should only have three columns. Thank you.
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 10 months ago.

let me see if I can get this strait, you want to select random 3 digit numbers, but break it into 3 columns instead of 1, but you want to be able to specify which numbers can go in which columns, and the number of rows. So if for example you said 25, you would get 25 rows, 1000 you would get a 1000 rows, with some obviously repeating numbers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want to specify which numbers would go into the columns first. Then I want the program to randomize the numbers in the columns thereby creating the three columns. This screen shot is from a previous program that was created for me.

i see you have a fancy form. are you trying to do something like that?

I was thinking something much simpler

sorry sent the wrong image

the idea being, that you would enter the numbers you wanted in sheet 1, and in sheet 2 the results would be output

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In the form you suggest, how would I know the maximum number of rows the combinations could produce?Also could you show me an output page.

so do you just want to know the maximum number of combos or the maximum number or just tell it how many rows.

The maximum is easy to calculate

if you have 5 numbers in the first column, 3 in the second, 2 in the 3rd, its just 5*3*2, or 30 maximum possible.

the output would just be simply something like

1 3 5

2 4 4

0 5 3

8 1 2

7 2 7

6 6 6

and so on, for whatever numbers you chose.

If you just want to skip definding the number of rows and just have the maximum number of combos put out in random order, that is simple enough to do

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would you just have the maximum number of combos put out in random order.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have to go out and I won't be back until around 4 pm edt.

ok, i am sending you the additional service offer now, for the cost of creating this macro.

when you accept it I can get started.

do you still want to go through with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had a hernia operation and I am just now getting back to this. I want to apologize for not getting back with you. I need to define how many rows the combinations will produce and be able to choose how many rows I need. I am assuming that each number in each row can and would be used as many times as necessary.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 9 months ago.

ok, this is fine, stuff happens.

Yes you are correct, if you look at my 2nd picture I posted, you will see that you can repeat numbers as many times as you like.

and in cell D2 you put the number of rows.

Keep in mind if you say 25 rows for example, and only 20 combintations are possible only 20 rows would be output.

I sent you an additional service offer a while back. You would have to accept that offer before I could get started on any of the programming for this.

sent another additional service offer, incase the other one sent a while a go was lost