CosmoStylist, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with ADO.NET, ASP.NET and VB.NET.

I need some help to generate an excel (or google sheets)

Customer Question

I need some help to generate an excel (or google sheets) Pivot table, form two different pages with some common fields and some not common fields.
I have a list of sales orders and dates and skus from a customer along with lots of other unnecessary info, all on one page of my excel workbook. This is generated from them in this format and doesn't change.
The second set of data is a list of purchase orders, landing dates and quantities.
I need to make a pivot style table that is automatically generated from these two sheets and looks like a check book of skus going in and out.
is this possible?
Category: Programming
Expert:  CosmoStylist replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Amy and I'll help you create your pivot chart in Excel today. I understand your using 2 sheets created in Excel so I'll walk you through the steps on how to create the chart you want.

Keep in mind that if your workbooks are different you can still create the pivot chart as long as the structure of the sheets is identical.

Step 1: Open your Pivot chart wizard & click Multiple consolidated ranges & Pivot table.

Step2: Choose I will create page fields and enter your fields. (you can use named ranges too)

Step3: Choose 1 as the page field number & add item label. Do this for all your fields. Next

Step4: set your location & finish. You'll want to remove un wanted fields.

Step5: From the columns label heading click it to bring down the drop box.

Step6: Uncheck the boxes of fields you want removed & choose ok. You can also change the summarize values if your need to. You will also want to remove the Grand Total box if there is one.

Step7: Use banding to get the look of the checkbook, On design tab click pivot table style options & choose banded rows.

Remember to save and that should be it. I hope this helps, thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Hi there, this is Amy. I'm wondering if this solution found you well and hope it helped. Thank you again for choosing JustAnswer.