ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

I have an assignmed cones that I need to complete.. I'm not

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I have an assignmed for icecream cones that I need to complete.. I'm not too good with programming though, so I'm stuck
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: it's a program that needs to be built, not an issue
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: again, it's a program that needs to be built,not an issues
JA: The programmer can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Programmer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Can you tell me which programming language you are working in, and any specifics of the project requirements? :)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's Java. The project is as follows:you must develop a program. that reads the file icecream.dat. This file is supplied in the “Files for Unit 3 Assignment” directory in Unit 3. You must use TextIO methods to read the file. As you read the file, count the total number of ice cream cones that were sold. (This is the same as the number of lines that you read from the file.) Also count the total number of "Strawberry" cones that were sold.At the end of the program, print out the total number of cones, the number of Strawberry cones, and the percentage of cones that were Strawberry.Note: To do this program, you have to know when to stop reading from the file. TextIO has a function named TextIO.eof() to check whether the entire file has been read. The value of this function is true if the entire file has been read. The value is false if there is more data in the file. You want to continue reading from the file as long as TextIO.eof() is false.Note: Suppose that flavor is a variable of type String and you want to test whether its value is "Strawberry". To do this, test whether flavor.equals("Strawberry"). (Do not use == to test for equality of Strings.)Each line of the file icecream.dat is an ice cream flavor such as "Vanilla" or "Strawberry." A line represents the sale of one ice cream cone of the given flavor.You must complete your program, test, debug, and execute it. You must submit your java code file. The output of your program must be captured by either copying the content in the output window and pasting it into a text document that you submit along with your java code file, or by capturing the image of the screen which contains the output of your java program. In windows you can capture a screen shot with the Ctrl Alt and Print Screen key sequence. This image can then be pasted into a Word, WordPad, or OpenOffice document which can be submitted with your assignment.For students using the program service online. Make sure that you create both the TextIO.java and the icecream.dat files as java project files. I found it was easier to rename icecream.dat to icecream.txt for some reason. For students using Netbeans, use the same set of rules that were defined in Unit 2 to setup your project and include the TextIO.java file as we did in unit 2. Also make sure that you copy the icecream.dat file into your project directory so that it can be found by your java program.----------
I attached the needed files. Please remoce .docx from TextIO.java. and remove .txt from the dat file. I have to add extensions for the upload to complete.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know if you are willing to help with this, of if I should go look for help elsewhere. The deadline is in a few hours.Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How can I work with a different expert? I really don't have the time to wait. Other experts are available and online.
please...