ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML

I'm looking to write a program that scrapes data from sports

Customer Question

I'm looking for someone to write a program for me that scrapes data from sports sites to get hole by hole golf scores by golfer each week for the PGA tournaments. I'd like it to be scraped and pulled into a DB.
Category: Programming
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 3 months ago.

do you have a specific website that has this information on it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago. then would have to select each tournament and select the golfer to get to the hole by hole data.

i'm going to open your question to other experts.

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

I will try to help you out in it .

Which database you are going to use? Do you have table structure of it ? What all data you want me to pull .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I haven't created the database yet. I'm open to suggestions for the simplest solution. I'm attaching the structure I'm seeking to use the data. So essentially I need the tournament name, the golfer name, which round was golfed and what the score was on each hole.

Tournament NameGolfer NameRound NumberHole 1 ScoreHole 2 ScoreHole 3 ScoreHole 4 Score`Hole 5 ScoreHole 6 ScoreHole 7 ScoreHole 8 ScoreHole 9 ScoreHole 10 ScoreHole 11 ScoreHole 12 ScoreHole 13 ScoreHole 14 ScoreHole 15 ScoreHole 16 ScoreHole 17 ScoreHole 18 Score

Ok. Got it.

I am not able to fetch data for Hole's score from ESPN. Do you know any other web page which has this detail upfront rather than on click of an arrow ?

Will below information would be enough for you ? :-

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately the hole by hole data is key to this project. I can't seem to find a table or static list of hole by hole data as it all seems to reside in some sort of clickable format. I was hoping there was a way to loop though "clicking" each golfer and pulling their hole by hole data.

Ok ,I will try to see if I can somehow scrap this data.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Any luck?

No Brian, No luck so far. It requires lots of efforts and quite good amount of coding.