ATLPROG
ATLPROG, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  MS in IT.Several years of programming experience in Java C++ C C# Python VB Javascript HTML
44910485

Can you make an Cell in Excel appear or disappear based on

Customer Question

Can you make an Cell in Excel appear or disappear based on formula. For example, if cell A1 = G, then display text in B1.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What version of excel are you using, 2010, 2013 for windows.. Or 2008, 2011 for mac?

Also, are you using a windows pc or a mac?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PC and Excel 2013
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Ok, next question.

Its easy enough to setup the first function, for instance if cell A1=G .. But what text do you want to show in cell B1 ?

If we can discuss specific text you would like to show or not show, I can help write the formula exactly so all you have to do is copy and paste the formula into the correct cell/s.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could I have the same cell display different text depending on what I put in cell A1. For example, A1=G, then B1=Hello. A1=B, then B1=Goodbye. Etc. If you use these to write formulas, then I can write it.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Understood.. Im away at lunch at the moment. Please allow me some time to get back to you and Ill have a formula written out for you to use.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have managed to work it out myself and you did not get back to me.