Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

You just sent me an answer to question Order ID:

Customer Question

Steve you just sent me an answer to question Order ID: 16330370-853 This is not what I am looking for I have a column that represents the entry data number for a row of imputed data. say #1 the #2 #3 all the way to number 4000 in my column. This raw data and I am trying to upload it to a website so it can recognize it correctly. So first column 1 row # ***** / 2nd column 1 row 500-1 / 3 column 1 row 500-3 So I have a number in the row 1st column is my entry I need to take that number and add in
Category: Programming
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Can you attach a copy here?

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, I'm still not following you. If I could look at an actual example, that would help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Columns c and d are the ones in question
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

OK, so tell me, are you trying to populate C with the number in B and then "-1"? And populate D with the number in B and "-3"?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they identify access levels on the web site we are trying to recover data
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

OK, so it's the answer I put on the other question. If the number is ***** column B, the the formula for C2 is =CONCATENATE(B2,"-1") and the formula for D2 is =CONCATENATE(B2, "-3"). And then you copy the formula down.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the answer I looked at made 21 in column b into 18 in column c did I miss something
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

You can get a little fancier to exclude blanks with:

=IF(B2>0, CONCATENATE(B2,"-1"), "") and =IF(B2>0, CONCATENATE(B2, "-3"), "")

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

You probably started in the wrong cell. if the formula says "B2", you have to put the formula on Row 2 for C and D. When you copy it down, Excel automatically increases the row number for you. But if you don't start in the right place, your numbering will be off.

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Let me do it and I'll send it back to you, hold on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I contact you tomorrow I have to leave in a few minutes to possible remotely fix this?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Sure

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help - tomorrow it is
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, sorry I wasn't available on Friday. I attached the document here with the formulas in columns C and D. Chat me back if you want to discuss this further. Hope you had a good holiday weekend!