Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

Suryanto-I'm looking to convert an excel file to access

Customer Question

Suryanto-I'm looking to convert an excel file to access with 1 pull down menu and use image on form....
Category: Programming
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!i am Aitizaz and i will assist you today

can you please share the details of the excel sheet and what do you want to achieve in the access database file?

Expert:  Suryanto replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me again

Could you explain about your requirement?

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to convert excel (running times) to MS Access or VBA form using a jpeg file Form that runs east to west and west to east.The 3 speeds are 79mph/60 mph/ and 45mph. I want to include a pull down menu to select speed and then have it populate horizontal instead of excel vertical. I want to times to line up at the stations where the white boxes are.This will be a "visual front end" to the existing data in ms excel3speed file!John
Expert:  Suryanto replied 6 months ago.

Dear *****

Ok. I will check and let you know

Thank you

Suryanto

Expert:  Suryanto replied 6 months ago.

Dear *****,

After checking, I am sorry I can't help you with this request.

I will opt out and let other expert help you

Thank you

Suryanto

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i haven't got a response yet
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, my name is*****'ve been through the text and pictures you posted here and I think I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't know that it's possible to do this with an Access form. It's easy enough to get the right times to report based on the speed selected, but I'm not sure how you can design a form to get the times to show up in the white boxes for each station. As far as I know, there aren't any "hotspot" graphics or freestyle graphics control in Access forms.

You could probably do this, however, on a Web page. I guess you'd really have to give some thought to how it might appear on mobile devices. I'm not really sure how you intend to use this, so I don't know that a Web page would be an appropriate solution.

Please chat me back with questions and we can discuss this further. Again, Problem A is creating the form that looks like the "Staples Concept" -- I don't think you can do that with an Access form. If you could, Problem B would be putting the times in the little white boxes for each station -- I don't think you can do that with an Access form, either.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you have a phone number?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, it's Steve again. I'm not sure why someone else jumped in the middle of our conversation. Are you still there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
steve can i talk to you on the phone?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

That would be helpful, but I'm not sure we're allowed to do that. What's your number?

Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

Are you still there?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my name is john
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i am here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we need to talk
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i want to communicate and work this out together...