Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder
13568747

I want to know the name of the ecommerce platform (magento,

Customer Question

I want to know the name of the ecommerce platform (magento, hybris, demandware, woocommerce etc.) that the following sites are built on:
raise.com
saveya.com
giftcardrescue.com
cardcash.com
abcgiftcards.com
I have used builtwith.com but that does not give me the cart information accurately. Are these sites really not using any standard cart functionality? That is really hard to believe.
Category: Programming
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try using the Wappalyzer.com plugin. It will let your browser identify the technologies used in the website while accessing the website. That may be more 'accurate' than using builtwith.com. What do you call 'standard' shopping cart function? there is no reason for shopping cart technology to be centrally dictated or standardized any more than there is a reason for e.g. the FCC or other gvt. dept., to dictate what standards websites may use. It's good if a site uses a reliable shopping cart, and for sure one that uses https:// (SSL) technology for all actual cash or credit transactions... but otherwise, there's no One Shopping Cart, I don't think. Is that what you need, a recommendation to a really ideal shopping cart service? if so, let me know what standards you would yourself wish to see realized in such a shopping cart. Thanks. (I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Russell, thanks for your response. Yes, I used Wappalyzer as well and its results are similar to builtwith.com.I want to build a website of my own, something similar to the websites I have listed above and I need to choose an ecommerce platform to start with. Woocommerce vs. magento vs. anything else. I wanted to understand what cart fucntionality all these websites are using.
I guess the website are using various technologies in the way of shopping carts. Magento, is I think, the most famous name that you have mentioned. Why not go with it, then?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you please let me know the exact platform names for each of the above listed websites. Thanks!
I cannot. I have no inside source of information on those websites. I only know the surface nature of the websites as commonly available and obvious to everyone. With apologies, I have Opted Out, since it seems I cannot answer your question in the manner you prefer. This opens the case to other Experts in this category.