Russell H., Programmer & Coder
Experience:  Programmer & Coder

I inserted 3d solid block into one drawing, i try several way

Customer Question

i inserted 3d solid block into one drawing, i try several way to change the colors.But all failed, could you help me ? thank you.
Category: Programming
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question. What program or application (a CAD/CAE or similar program no doubt?) are you working in? I suspect that the colors are easier to be changed before the block is inserted. But it's too late for that, unless you'd rather delete the block then re-create and insert it, with the colors on it set up already. - Select the block and then go to its Properties?- Select the block and make sure it is not write-protected? or read-only? (check in Properties for the block object, also.)- Make sure the drawing that you inserted a 3-D block into, is not itself write-protected or read-only, as a file. That might perhaps change being able to edit it.- And make sure the file the drawing is stored in, is not stored in a directory where your login account does not have permission to write or edit a file. Let me know the program, and I will find and think of more specific things to try.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.